View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Memory Leak
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Memory leak on the Storm 1 (9530) has been an ongoing problem since it's inception on day one.  It has gotten better with newer OS's but it is still there.  It occurs for the most part due to themes,applications,hardware, and the OS.   I will give you an example.  On mine if I run the program Meterberry with Weatherberry installed I lose several MBs of app memory a day. However if I delete one or the other my Storm runs great and only loses .5MB or so a day. I use only Weatherberry in this case.  So the best way to run a Storm 1 is to shrink it down by uninstalling anything you don't want or need.  The Storm 2 (9550) also has issues as well.  The application memory is doubled but still leaks. 

My advice to all Storm 1 owners is to use the .419 official firmware from Blackberry,wipe the phone completely before install and go easy on apps and themes.  You will see better performance and stability from your device.  There are instructions on how to do this, to avoid the TOS here I can tell you the name of the site rimes with "BLACKBERRY".

0 Likes