View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Storm 3G fustration
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

JCM wrote:
ABSOLUTELY CORRECTO BUT IF YOU HAVE 1xev or 1X there's a problem it has to be 1XEV just like that with capital letters. You know the more I read and yes the storm is not for everyone I believe there should be training before you own a storm or have some kind of technical mind set im sorry people but its true

I am a firm believer that any smartphone device like the BB Storm should come with some sort of short training (20mins?) by a knowledgable VZW employee on how to operate, maintain, and do limited troubleshooting before they walk out the door.  Of course this is just as fantasy as there's never enough employees to give 1 on 1 time like this so people walk out of the store clueless and then can figure out why when they're running 6 applications at the same time and haven't reset their phone in 2 weeks it's running slow. 

Anyway, like JCM wrote, anything less than 1XEV and you're not getting the full monty from VZW......Usually if I'm in an area where I know I normally have full 3G and i'm 1xev or 1x, I simply recycle my radio and that will cure the issue.  Being in 1xev can cause u to miss emails, msgs, notifications and whatever else sometimes.....once you go back to full 3G you then get bombarbed with all the stuff that's been piling up.  If it's an issues, again, 1. recycle your radio, if that doesn't work, do a quickpull, if you don't have quickpull, yank the battery out and start from there.  Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes