View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Opera Mini 5 Browser Final Version Available
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hey,

For those of you who have been using the beta version of Opera Mini Browser 5, the final version is available for download.  For those who have not tried it, give it a whirl.  The final version features Opera Link, which syncronizes your bookmarks,etc from Opera desktop version.  Also, RSS feeds works in this version too.  The web pages I browsed loaded very fast and with no problems.  Tabbed browsing works great too.  If you want to know more, cruise on over to Opera's web site and find out more.

Doc

I have been using Opera Mini 5 for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I love being able to use the tabs! So far I have only found two very minor things. 

1.) Pressing "t" to move to the top of the page or "b" to move to the bottom of the page do not work like in the native BlackBerry browser. 

2.) If I have Opera Mini open and the click on a link in my email for example and select "open in opera mini" it opens the browser, but not the page. It did on a link once, but normally it does not. If I have Opera Mini closed before clicking on the link and selecting "open in opera mini" then it does open the page in Opera Mini. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying.

Over all, it is great and I would recommend it to any one that uses their blackberry for web browsing on a regular basis! 

0 Likes