View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Blackberry Passport
HLake
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also like the Passport and would like to buy on to use with my Verizon cell phone service.  I don't change phones often and have been looking, waiting and hoping Blackberry would come out with a real competitive new phone with their traditional keyboard.  The Passport is that cell phone.  I have no interest in an Apple or android of any kind.

Yes, I have heard about the exclusive with AT&T.  It seems that has not happened yet.  I called just now and their sales people don't know anything about it.  I have had the impressive for a while now that Verizon and, maybe, AT&T are discouraging interest in Blackberry.  For one thing, they didn't like the Playbook since, with the Bridge function, a customer could link their cell phone to the Playbook tablet and use the internet for no extra cost.  I have the grandfathered unlimited data, so it worked very well for me.  I don't think Verizon liked that and most of their CS and sales people acted like they didn't know anything about it.  Also, maybe they got a more profitable deal from Apple and androids.

I am hoping AT&T get the Classic and the Passport soon and with 6 months or a year the exclusive will be over and Verizon will get it. 

0 Likes