View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 will not turn on, just reboots!!
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Here is my experience and solution reference rebooting:

"I went through a several month period of time where my new BB 9650 would reboot every couple of hours. This went on for 4 months. Here is what I did to troubleshoot the problem (may be the same thing the OP is going through):

May be a corrupt 3rd party app or setting

1. Backup with BB DM. Reload Verizon OS without any 3rd party apps. Also, do not restore any preferences, options or settings, just the important stuff like emails, SMS, calendar and address book.

Still rebooting/freezing

2. Copy all SD card files/folders to your laptop. Reformat the SD card and copy everything back.

Still rebooting/freezing

3. May be a corrupt database. Create a free gmail account and add it to your BB. Go into your gmail setup on your BB and tell it to sync contacts and calendar. Once all your contacts and calendar are on the web version of gmail, turn off the sync on on your BB. Open DM and select Delete Data to delete all Calendar and Contact information. Once this is done, your address book and calendar should be empty. Next turn on the sync for both Contacts and Calendar in the gmail setup on your BB. This may take up to 30 minutes for everything to download. Once that is done, do a battery pull and *228.

You need to use gmail to restore your contacts and calendar because it seems that backing up and restoring with DM just puts the same corrupt database back on your BB. Go figure?!?

Step 3.  is what finally fixed my 9650. It seems I had a corrupt calendar. Hope this helps."

0 Likes