View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Blackberry Storm 2 (9550) Pairing Issue
krollm

This thread has probably been posted before, but if I'm having this problem then it is likely that others are as well.

I have a Blackberry Storm 2 (9550) and I cannot get it to connect to my car's factory-installed bluetooth system. When I try to add the car as a bluetooth device, it recognizes that there is a signal present (it will say "audio device"), but when I try to pair with the audio device it always fails. I have tried rebooting the phone (including battery removal), rebooting the car, and nothing seems to work.

I understand that my phone is not specifically listed as compatible with my vehicle (2007 Dodge Charger), but I have been able to pair other phones (approximately 7 different co-worker and family phones), and most of them were not listed as compatible. In fact, it seems as though this Storm 2 is the only phone that will not pair with it. This is extremely frustrating given the amount of money paid for this phone.

I pay the extra money for a premium phone so that I don't have to deal with these small issues. I expect the technology to be top-notch, and I expect that there would be no connectivity/compatibility issues. I am hoping that there is a solution to this, as I am not even close to qualifying for a phone upgrade, and my wife would hang me if I went out and dropped $500 on a new Droid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes