View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: OS 6
_bookbean1

Thought that I would stop by and follow up on my post.   I have no source of authoritative information and this is total speculation on my part.  

I believe that we are NOT going to see an official version 6.0.... for the Bold 9650 (for those that already have the device) prior to the earliest Christmas, and maybe not even until well into the new year.

My gut is telling me that there are marketing reasons for delaying the release and nothing more than that.

I thought that back in October, around the middle of the month when there was a great deal of web discussion about some form of 6.0 rollout for us, that it would happen, and instead we now have .975 (Verizon's most recent release).

That was quite frustrating to install and then get all of my passwords, etc. re-established.

Well Verizon, I was an early adapter for the Droid last year, back in November the day that it came out.  It only took a couple of months before I switched back to Blackberry.

I do not appreciate being "toyed with" by this company and I am now highly confident that by early January, I will be using a different device and on another carrier.   Simply out of principle.   I cannot speak to the real benefits of 0S 6.0 as I have not personally used it.   Ashame.  I don't need the RIM website with the fancy Flash examples, I would have preferred hands on.   I am convinced that despite all of the anxious users out there, that it cannot be as good as one of the better  Android phones that have already been out with other carriers.   Or even the iPhone for that matter.

If you want to put out newsletters, etc., then give solid fundamental info that people can plan with.   If not, anticipate that others will too be losing patience.   I do not mind having to eat any of my words if the upgrade does come out before mid-December and I discover that I am satisfied with it, however I just don't see it in the cards.  I am truly sick of the browser, and I know that I can go in any number of different directions now to find a far superior product.

Fed up.

0 Likes