View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Bold 9650 and OS 6.0.0.222---UPDATE
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

An update on my experience with 6.0 OS running on a Verizon Bold 9650.  First, let me say that OS 6 is completely different than 5.0.  There are so many new features, it just takes time to learn them all.  The new OS has a built-in feature for setting up Visual Voice Mail (VVM).  You do not need the VVM program from Verizon.  All you do is go into setup and setup the VVM there.  When you get a voice mail, it works just like the Verizon and YouMail applications for VVM.  So, VVM does work on 6.0.0.222.

Well, there you have it.  I have been putting my Bold through the paces with the new 6.0.  Signal issues are fixed, VVM works, SMS and MMS works great, and instant messaging works great.  I am sure there are going to be some apps that will have problems running on the new OS, just like we had problems when 5.0 was introduced.  Overall, 6.0 is a great change and makes your device run smooth.   Again, if any of you should have a question or problem, call upon me.  You know what they say, "two heads are better than one." 

Doc

0 Likes