View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: updated to 5.0 and also unable to charge phone
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

kc_2277 wrote:

I also updated to the 5.0 and am unable to charge my storm. i have taken the battery out several times to allow for reboot without success. Has anyone having this issue found a successful resolution?

What are you using to charge your Storm? 

If you are using the charger your Storm came with, look for the lightning bolt symbol on the battery indicator like StreetDoc said, if there is no lightning bolt, it could be a problem with the charger, or the new update just isn't detecting the charger being plugged in, if you are getting the lightning bolt, but it's not showing any progress, first start by waiting a little longer (give it about an hour to charge), and if you still see no change, it could be that it's not letting the battery charge as it should for some reason (either hardware or update related)

If you are using a computer or other USB source to charge from, did you get a message saying anything about the USB port being underpowered?  The new 5.0 update put a charging block for everything except the approved charger to prevent underpowered sources (like most USB ports) from charging the blackberry, just hit OK on all the messages and let the phone sit, eventually it will allow the charge

0 Likes