View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: It's here...RIM Blackberry Storm 2 9550
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

bb-gismo wrote:

Here is the setup ...

We live in North Central Florida.... I have Wildblue Satilite internet survice connected to a Linksys N+ router with 2 HP computers and 1 Lexmark wireless printer.

Here is the situation... We live so far out in the woods we have NO cell service in this area... At all...

Here is the question ... I was told by a Version salesperson that when the BB Storm2 comes out , It will allow me to connect to the router and utilze the internet AND I would also be able to make and recieve phone calls via the router/satilite .... Is this a sales pitch or will it work.? ? ?

If yes....Now It is out and info is still hard to come by, or is there a current phone (Verrizon) that will work ? ?

If no..... Is there a system that WILL work. ? ?

( the store said "we dont do loaners to see if it will work" and I cant afford a maybe......)

You can try a service like Skype. There are applications for this service but you will end up having to pay for the app or having the Skype service itself. But any usage with Skype would go over your WiFi connection, so there'd be no cap or minutes used.

0 Likes