View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Help! Need something better than BB Storm 9530!
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

JDT713 wrote:

I upgraded from a Motorola Razr to a Storm 9530 on 10/03/09.  I love the internet browsing, email alerts, free apps and ringtones from Crackberry, and the look and feel of this phone.  The problem is that I have to soft reboot it (removing battery, waiting at least thirty seconds and replacing it) at least twice a day.  It freezes up constantly!  It won't let me make or receive calls at least three times daily.  I have used memory cleaner and made sure no apps were running (I have only downloaded four apps and three ringtones, so I don't think I'm trying to get it to do too much.  It seems great as a computer, but my Razr was a way better phone!  I also don't really like the touchscreen.  I really wanted to, but even with small fingers, I often hit the wrong letters when texting or surfing and even the wrong numbers when I am able to make a call.  I'm so disappointed!  I have taken it in to the store once and they tried to help me with it, but the phone part is still not working right.  I called customer service and the lady recommended the Imagio (which I don't know if I'll like because it costs more and has a touch screen and no flash for the camera) and the Tour (which may be good because it is a BlackBerry and it has a flash and actual button keypad, but what about the trouble people say they have with the trackball?).  I am still within my thirty days, so I want to find a smartphone (preferably)  that I will like.  Can anyone help me decide?  Or is there one that wasn't mentioned that would be better for me?  I just use the computer side of the device for fun and email because I am a stay-at-home mom who teaches college courses part time, if that helps narrow down my options.  Thanks in advance!

the storm is really one of those devices that you either love or hate...i love mine...i had to download leaked 5.0 OS to get it to run smoothly though. the keyboard does take some time to get use too...i'm aware of that. within the next few weeks rim and verizon will release an official 5.0 OS that will correct the keyboard problem. it will have pop up text which displays the key you are about to press before you click the screen...it makes sure you are clicking the correct key before you click the screen. another thing with 5.0 it will correct memory issues and also have the flick scrolling like the iphone...which will make scrolling a lot faster. you will have threaded sma among other things. issue with having to pull out your battery several times a day...that should not happen! a) your either having software issues with os b) you got a bad device c) you are having memory issues. with you saying that you were going to crackberry downloading freebie apps could be your problem for memory leaks. i had it happen to me. you can try backing up the device in device manager and wiping the device clean and reinstalling your OS...and you should be running RIM OS 4.7.0.148 if not install it. good news is your within the 30 days so if you still hate your storm you can do an exchange. and your so close to the storm2 date but i dont think you will be able to return in time for a storm2. i've never owned the tour but i've heard of trackball issues with it also. maybe a tour person can shed some light on the tour. ive heard of the droid coming out soon...its not a blackberry...i believe its to be released next month. once again i'm not sure you will be able to return in time. also i googled the htc imagio...it looks pretty cool...software i like..but i'm a die hard blackberry fan. google youtube videos of the imagio...i'm sure you will like.

0 Likes