View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Help me out of the storm!
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

booker021 wrote:

It's been almost a year now and I've finally had it with my BB Storm...I'm not due for an "upgrade" until december of 2010 so is there anyway I can downgrade my phone?  I'm missing calls/emails/texts, going whitescreen, unable to download my updates (no memory) w/o deleting one of the 3 apps i've downloaded :smileysurprised: and on and on...the phone is really disrupting my work...which is not good as I'm on the road and need a reliable phone. HELP!

it sounds like you have some major memory leaks. are you just downloading a bunch of apps that fill up your memory? have you tried wiping your device? i had an issue with white screen which was due to memory leak on my phone. i had downloaded an app from crackberry and my memory was just disapearing. it was eating up 20mb of memory. check your apps. i wiped my device and reinstalled my os. maybe you should try that. are you running 4.7.0.148? thats the official storm os as of right now. also when you open apps are you closing them out...one by one? going to the bb key and clicking close? or are you just hitting the back key? if you are hitting the back key then those apps are still running and they are eating up your memory. the key to the storm is to close every app your not using or you will have memory issues and get the white screen freeze. i'm pretty sure you downloaded a bad app from somewhere that is giving memory issues to your phone. 3 apps is not enough to freeze your phone. i have 18 apps on my phone with 22mb left. i also do a battery pull once a week. if you wipe your device and install bb os and your still having issues take your phone back to the verizon store before your 1 year warranty is up so they can mabye help you with a replacement or a solution.

0 Likes