Asking pertinent questions related to the problem

Refraining from making assumptions

Providing information based on facts stated, not your personal experience

Bad advice(aka trolling):

Assuming your situation is everyone's situation

Making statements or asking questions that have no relevance to the problem

Ignoring previously stated information

Stating that the facts provided must be false

That being said, I am not interested in "help" that isn't helpful. My first two posts provide most of the information necessary to make an educated guess, had they been taken into account. Information from someone who has actually experienced the issue would be preferable.

Let me reiterate my issue in hopes that someone who actually reads can be helpful. The phone, a Motorola Razr HD, is 2 and a half years old, has never been dropped(or thrown), has never been wet, is out of warranty as far as Verizon is concerned, has never been insured and has had software crashes and failures since installing the KitKat update. I have spoken with Verizon tech support AND Motorola(for two and a half hours total) regarding the software issues. Neither Verizon nor Motorola offered any viable solution or solved the issues. There have been no error messages or warnings in regards to the display crashes and they are happening with increasing frequency. They started about 4 months ago happening only once a week at most. They are now happening at least once a day. I have removed all apps that I am aware that are RAM usage intensive. I am fully versed in smartphone troubleshooting and in particular Android OS having been employed by Verizon Corporate for 5 years but we are all stumped sometimes. It has been two years since I worked for the company and my hope was that there was new information or solutions regarding the issues I am experiencing that I am not aware of.

0 Likes