Replying to:
Re: Note 4 Lollipop phone connecting to WiFi and 4G at same time
fawcets
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here’s my data usage from 4/7/15 while at home on WiFi:

1:20 AM - .21 MB

7:20 AM - 106.89 MB

10:30 PM - .7K

The data usage is nominal at this point, but it’s confusing/frustrating me because I don’t know why it’s doing it.

I’m asleep at 1:20 AM and 7:20 AM, so not sure why it’s using 4G during those times. The 4G usage at 10:30 PM is the only one that kind of makes sense — I did send/receive a few text messages before that time in the evening. My text message log said the last text message activity I had (just a SMS) was at 10:01 PM, though, not 10:30 PM. And what about the text messages I sent/received before then during the evening (between 6PM and 10PM)? Wouldn’t they show up on my 4G usage log too? I'm using Google Hangouts as my text app, by the way.

Either way, the 4G arrows still light up now and then when I’m at home on WiFi. I noticed it doing it here and there between 7 PM and 9:30 PM. My 4G usage log doesn’t reflect that, though, even though the 4G arrows are lighting (while I’m also connected to WiFi).

The nominal data usage is one thing. But I’m also very curious why this is happening all of the sudden right after the Lollipop upgrade.

Also, on a side note, my battery life has taken a considerable hit since the Lollipop upgrade. I’ve made sure to go through all my apps/settings to make sure nothing unnecessary is using power, but it’s still a noticeable difference. I’m hoping this will calibrate/even out soon. Any insight on that? I know it’s a problem other people are noticing as well.

0 Likes