View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down?
angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the S5. I did both updates that were sent out. I got one Sunday and the other one Monday. Ever since then, my phone has been lagging and the battery has been draining FASTER than ever. I've hardly used my phone today and I'm at 39%. I unplugged my phone from the charger at 7:00am and it  is now 10:34am. SYNC is not on, just my WiFi and mobile data. I have disabled all animation, I've even uninstalled several apps.WHICH sucks because whats the point of having a cell phone without my apps?!. I've turned off every thing I can think of that causes a battery drain! ALSO, my notifications and ringtones are not working. When I get a notification, its not the one that says it is?? No matter how many times I try to reset it, it does something else. It also gets really hot, constantly. I've turned off and I've taken the battery out for awhile. I've also taken the battery out while turned on. Nothing thus far has worked.

The point I want to stress is that I did NOT have these issues before this update! It worked pretty smoothly.

In the time its taken to write this post (@10-15 minutes), my phone drained 6%!!!!

Things I've done to try and improve my battery:

1. removed 3 of the animation effects, including the unlock and transition effects

2. uninstalled apps

3. disabled S-voice

4. turned off auto sync

5. turned off blue tooth, unless i'm using it.

6. clean cache, with clean master and i also use the battery doctor to help optimize my battery!!

Any HELP, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)