View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: how to permanently ignore update notice to lollipop 5.0
aintbrokeDONTFIX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should clarify:  I meant I was looking at Google Maps on my PC.  Also, I was talking about Razr circa 2004.  Plus, I should shorten this to just the technical stuff:

The update notice gives the option to "install later", but goes to a clock screen for "at what time" which gives the option for "start automatically".  Pressing "cancel" goes back to the update notice screen.  If I set a time on the clock screen, then press "ok", but not "start automatically", then does that just set the time for when the reminder pops up again?

The icon used to notify of the update matches "SDM Version 1.0".  The icon is a red double arrow circle in the lower right corner of a smartphone with the android robot on the screen.  With "force stop" of this app, the update notice status icon at the top of the screen vanishes as desired.  But, SDM keeps restarting almost instantly, and the update notice and icon reappear.  In "app info" for SDM, only the "force stop" button is available, all others are grayed out ("show notifications" and "turn off" are not pickable).

So... how do I get SDM to permanently turn off?  Or, how do I get an option to either keep the current OS or update?  Where is the "cancel update notice, and never remind me again" option?

0 Likes