View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: how to permanently ignore update notice to lollipop 5.0
aintbrokeDONTFIX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just using the "Lite" version of the new Google Maps.  The white box obscures a large part of the map because it is an "overlay card" instead of a sidebar (in addition to an actual sidebar that overlays the overlay), can't be removed unless you also want to lose your search result, and from what I read, the impression I get is that Android 5.0 will function similarly.  This functionality is very annoying and a bad interface design.

I also noticed that in the update notices on my phone, they say "your phone" and "your device", as if to suggest I have ownership.  If Android 5.0 looks like the map webpage, then I'm nearing a couple of solutions to my original problem:  root "my" phone and fix the problem myself by moving files around, or change carriers/phone to one that actually responds to its customers (instead of allowing Google to push useless updates on us like a drug dealer). 

Concerning warranty coverage, what does it even cover in this case?  I took care of my Razr for 7 years and it still worked when I traded it in.  Would this affect my billing contract with Verizon?  Hummm, they allow Google to push major updates... maybe I can just stop paying.

0 Likes