View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Upgrade from S4 to Nexus 6 two months early?
Clurrfitzy

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that has served me well for the last (almost) 2 years. However when it upgraded to kitkat maybe 8 months ago, the battery life just tanked. Lately it's only gotten worse, and no matter what I have tried (closing apps in the background, replacing the battery, turning off GPS settings) the phone simply can't hold a charge longer than a few hours. I've been trying to hang in there as long as I can, but I'm at a point where I can't even go anywhere for extended periods of time without a charger because my phone will likely die while I'm out and about.

So, now that the Nexus 6 is out, I want to upgrade. However, I'm not due for my upgrade until May. I heard that Verizon allowed its users to upgrade to the new iPhone early so long as they were within a certain time bracket with their contracts. Does anyone know if Verizon would cut me a break on this? Obviously I'll just wait out the 2 months if I absolutely have to, but I've been very loyal to Verizon for a number of years and I would hope they would return the appreciation!

Labels (1)
0 Likes