View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
rconnor34
Enthusiast - Level 1

What used top be the best phone and service I've ever had are now both the worst. This update has crippled both and I wish Verizon wold wake up and see what they've done. Some of the issues I am having with my Samsung Galaxy S5 are as follows:

- Battery life has been cut by about 2/3. I have to recharge at least once a day and that is usually not enough

- The phone overheats when recharging

- the phone operations are slow and choppy. Apps get stuck on the screen and will not clear, or be cleared, until the phone is good and ready to clear them

- I am not able to hang up telephone calls because my phone screen stays black and will not show me the red "end call" button. I have to wait until the other end disconnects and be very quiet until I'm sure that happens

- This morning, I had no control over the phone at all when trying to turn off the alarm clock app. It woke up my entire family because i could get the phone to do nothing, not even turn off.

- I was told, in a Verizon store, that the poor performance was my fault for having too many apps downloaded onto the phone and for having too many text messages. They wanted to hear nothing of the software update problems and told me that they have heard nothing bad about it up to that point.

These are just a few of the issues I'm having. I won't waste my time typing anymore as I'm sure they will never be seen or mean anything to anyone at Verizon anyway.