View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
What was I sold?
reiner71

I've been with VZW since 2007.  I've always had good customer relations experiences with them.  I went into a store in September knowing I was eligible for an upgrade, and wanting to lower my monthly bill.  I was on a shared More Everything plan with unlimited Talk and Text and 6GB of data to use between a smartphone and a jetpack.  I was sold on a plan where I would upgrade to a new phone, suspend the jetpack services, and move into a package of unlimited Talk and Text with 2 GB of data plus a bonus 1GB of data free each month for 2 years.  I was told that all of this would cost me $60 a month plus any insurance, taxes, fees, etc.  I asked the lady who sold me this multiple times how this was possible since it seemed too good to be true.  She told me it was a loyalty plan that they were not offering to new customers.

The problems started within a couple of weeks.  I got a noticfication that I had used 75% of my data, but I had only used just over 1 gig.  When I called VZW they told me that the plan I was actually on was the 2GB plan and was not eligible for any bonus data.  I explained what the store manager had told me and they said I would have to take it up with her.  Upon returning to the store I was assured that my plan did exist and that they were having this problem with multiple other customers and that they would credit any resulting overages until the problem was corrected.  I was instructed to keep calling into or visitiing the store anytime there was an overage charge.  I did so for 2 months.  The last time I went in there I was informed that the manager I was dealing with no longer works there and that store reps are not allowed to give credits so I would have to work it out with VZW myself.  At that time they informed me that the previous manager had made a mistake by selling me my plan, and that it really did not exist.  They apologized, but said there was nothing more they could do.

So I began calling VZW.  Each time I have to begin anew the process of explaining what I was promised, and each time they explain back to me that this plan does not exist and if I would like 3GB they would be happy to move me to a more expensive plan.  They continue to offer credits to make the past bills equal closer to what I was promised, but offer no solution other than changing the plan moving forward.  One rep even explained to me that the store manager went back into the system the day after I was in the store and changed my plan without my knowledge or consent.  A supervisor that I spoke with today tried to explain a contract agreement dated over a month after my initial visit to the store on a day that I was not even in the area.  I want what I was sold.  In lieu of that, I want out of my contract.  I feel like there are multiple points throughout this process where VZW has failed to uphold their end of the bargain.

They just don't seem like the same company I remember dealing with in years past.  Am I just being naive here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes