View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Why isn't Google Wallet Tap and Pay available on Verizon wireless?
Snn5
Legend

GW works anywhere PayPass works. ISIS works in 3 stores in my area. GW has always worked for me for 4 years now all over my town and is also linked to my accounts. ISIS never did work so I always had to use my AMEX Serve card which defeated my purpose of having it as a backup payment source in emergencies where I'd have my phone and not my wallet or cards.  Plus ISIS would auto transfer from my accounts where as with GW if it was stolen then money couldn't be auto loaded from a funding source. Add also MasterCard and Google work together whereas ISIS worked with and against the card or bank company and VZW plus since it is on several carriers you might possible have to call ISIS, the card issuer or bank, and VZW.  ISIS is messy for me. I know other retailers are trying to band together to create their own NFC programs so until everything catches on and up it'll be GW for me.  I doubt there will ever be a unified NFC payment method just like credit and debit cards. Each business will have to decide which methods to accept.  And...who knows.  Google may end up selling Wallet anyway.

0 Likes