View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues
darlintxmomma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same issues along with many others. I can no longer send or receive texts either, answering a call is a nightmare. My phone used to charge to 100% in about 1.5 hours and last for roughly 20-24 hrs. At the moment it's been charging 1.5 hours and it just hit 17%. Within the first hour of the update my phone went from 93% to 15%. Once it died, I plugged it in and it charged decently fast back to 100% so I unplugged it and sat down and watched it drop a percent per minute until it died on me again. I ran task killers and deleted apps and managed to get 3 hours of life off the 3rd charge of the day and now it's not even wanting to charge fast at all. It drains faster than it charges. I plugged it in to charge yesterday at 4 pm. At 2 am it was finally fully charged and I unplugged it to see if it was gonna behave and it was dead by 7:30 am. I was asleep during that entire time frame so it was NOT being used. Oh and it now overheats so badly that it burns me if I touch my face/ear to it.

I want to try a hard factory reset but I have over 1000 photos to back up and now my computer will no longer recognize the phone, it won't install any drivers, it's all errors. So I tried Wireless Storage which I already had set up and was working great and now it won't even turn on on the phone. It's useless. So I resorted to the Verizon Cloud and I can't access any of my photos now anywhere else other than my phone because to activate my account I have to receive the temp password from Verizon in a text  but it wont send or receive texts at all on either wifi or data. Kitkat as good as bricked my 3 week old phone. My hubby's phone on the other hand, is working just fine post update. ARGH!