View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Who else is having MAJOR issues with their Droid DNA post 4.4 (KitKat) update??
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like we all got screwed by Verizon. The Kit kat update seriously hampers the phones reception. I and 3 guys that I work with daily used to get great reception on our S4 phones while we were at work, which is, one more time, 40 miles west of Phoenix. Then, as soon as we got the Kit Kat update, all of a sudden we cant even send a text message! Nor can we get on the internet! It's a compatibility issue that Verizon won't admit to, they say to just turn your phone off, pull out the SIM card, put it back in and then turn it on again. It actually works, for about two texts, then it goes back to having no reception at all. Must be because some background program that conflicts with Verizon's version of Kit Kat finally boots up, creates the conflict and then boom, no reception. Another guy that sits right next to me at work just got an S5, and he gets the excellent reception that we S4 users used to get before we got the Kit Kat update. Maybe it's a Verizon scam to try and force S4 users to upgrade to the S5? And it's not just us at work 40 miles West of Phoenix. My wife also has an S4, and she works in town and she says her recepetion has gotten alot worse too once the update was applied.

0 Likes