View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Who else is having MAJOR issues with their Droid DNA post 4.4 (KitKat) update??
jf2go
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will add my own experiences to this post.  I am VERY disappointed with this update.  My DNA was working perfectly before the KitKat update, and I had considered the DNA the best Smartphone I had ever owned.  Since this update I have two significant problems.  I have not experienced the texting issue you mentioned in #1 - but I probably only average 5 texts per day.

Problem 1: Similar to your #2.  My signal strength has gone down in areas where I would normally have 4-5 bars to 1-2 bars.  Sitting 3 feet from my Network Extender in my house, I show 2 bars.  I am also experiencing frequent network disconnects (no data connection) when I use an App that requires an Internet connection.  I have to push the "Retry", and often that corrects it (until next time).  I am assuming this is due to signal strength issues, but perhaps I am wrong.  I did not have these issues prior to the update.

Problem 2: Using the camera has become hit or miss.  When taking a picture with the standard camera app or a 3rd party app, often the phone will reboot.  Unfortunately, that leads to a lost picture opportunity.  This NEVER happened prior to the KitKat update.

I am also noticing reduced battery life when I am using cell service (vs. WiFi).  WiFi battery life seems about the same for me.  Again, this could be related to the reduced signal strength, but who knows.  I have tried the fixes mentioned by the Verizon Reps here, without any resolution.  I am hoping the either HTC reads these posts, or Verizon is providing HTC with information so that they can prepare a fix for these problems.  I also posted a support request over on the HTC support site, but I never got a response.  VERY frustrated with Verizon and HTC at this point by forcing an update on us that made my once rock solid DNA problematic.