View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: New text messages getting combined with old ones
Blossom6

My husband and I have had this problem for 2 years as well. I have a Droid RZR Maxx and he has had several different phones (Droid 3, Razr, and now an iPhone) both of us have always been on the Verizon Network and use the standard Verizon messaging system on the phones. When it first started happening we were on separate plans and now we are on a shared plan and the problem continues. The issue always seems to happen when we send a long text message. If it is more than a certain number of characters (never determined what the magic number is for it not to freak out) then the next text or two that you receive will get jumbled up with an old text not even on the phone anymore. Also, since he has had several different phones and I have kept the same one we thought it was my phone (the one receiving the mixed up messages) that is the problem.  He has never received a mixed up one from me. I have tried deleting him from contacts and adding him back, but as soon as we start texting long messages to each other again the problem comes back. So frustrating.  I have become really good at figuring out when I get a jumbled text so we don't get into fights about what the other said, but it is something I shouldn't have to do!

0 Likes