View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: New text messages getting morphed with old ones?
ladderwalker86

Karen,

I am having the same issue. I have a Verizon iPhone and my girlfriend has T-Mobile. About once every 2-3 days, she will either 1) not receive a text I sent, 2) receive part of a very old text (ie, from weeks ago) combined with just part of a new text. Some of the messages are short, others longer. A few days ago I wrote a longer message and tried sending the message 4 times in a row, copied and pasted, and she didn't get any of them, but in between sending those copied and pasted ones she received my short messages asking if she had received the longer one (the longer one was probably 300-400 characters).

This problem has persisted over about 6 months, and during that time we have erased all content on her phone, and I also upgraded from an iPhone 4s to 5s, and the problem has still persisted. I believe it's an issue with the servers, since the texts from a long time ago are getting garbled in with new texts. Is there any way to prevent this? It is incredibly frustrating and it is making me consider dropping Verizon and trying a different company because the most important use for my phone is to text my girlfriend.

0 Likes