View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: New KitKat battery issues
David_Palmer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I have tried about every troubleshooting idea I could except a factory reset. Yes, I have tried the safe mode and even let the battery drain in safe mode and recharged and nothing has helped. I have not done a factory reset for two reasons. 1. I'm not sure how to confidentially back up my info from my phone (contacts, texts, photos, ect...) and 2. Most people that have tried that have already says it does not help them. I depend far to much on the info in my phone to simply delete it with a factory reset. I'm not even sure I wish to attempt a hard reset because of that.

I have multiple computers I could back up to if I knew how (Mac, Win XP, Win 7, Win8.1 and Linux), point me in the right direction with good instructions... But I'm still leery of a factory reset because of other people's experience of it not helping  and so there, you've wasted more time on a phone that should be working anyway.

Just for the fun of it I decided to stop by my local Verizon store & my local AT&T store. It's funny, all our local Verizon store wants to do is strongly push everyone that walks through the door to the Galaxy S5 now. They talked down every other phone we mentioned to them, I kid you not, they basically say every other phone I might be interested in is not worth having (Ok, not in those exact words but I get the message ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). According to them the Galaxy S5 is the best and only phone in the world now. They were doing the same with the S3's when we got ours. Our local AT&T store was once again awesome with their customer service! They were willing to take us around and explain each phone we showed interest in, never once talking down one phone over another, only showing/explaining each phone. Wow! Why can't the Verizon Stores be like that?!?!?

But the main point being, "Why can't Verizon simply send an update to stop this nonsense that KitKat 4.4.2 has caused? Isn't 4.4.4 out already? Does it address and fix the battery problems that so many people are complaining about since the Verizon updated us to 4.4.2? My phone was fine until right after that update. And from what I see other's saying, their's was working fine or at least better before the update too.

Galaxy S3

Battery drains in a few hours and when it hits anywhere from 30% to 50% battery remaining the phone shuts off like the battery is completely dead... That did not happen before 4.4.2 at all. Oh and this isn't just one phone, both our S3's do the exact same thing!

Oh, and the latest wonderful feature of my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3...? Now when I get a text message from my wife I never know what it is going to come from! Her phone number? Her phone's text email (#########@vtext.com? Her phone's multimedia email ##########@vzpix.com? What's that one about?!?! Well, looking back in my texts now I guess it's been a while since I actually got one from her number. And mine send texts to her the same way. This has got to be some setting that has been reset in our phones but who know where/how/why?? So far not happened with any other texts I get from others, just her's and mine...

My local Verizon Wireless store..

2049 S HIGHWAY 27,

Somerset, KY 42501

(606) 677-0337

They were so bad last time we were upgrading phones we left and just simply went through Walmart and I do not like going to Walmart at all. (Yeah, I know, I'm starting to sound like a cranky old ______, but I'm not really, I'm just want my phone to work correctly.

When I see your reply "It pains me to hear that you're thinking of leaving Verizon Wireless. We certainly do value and appreciate your business.  We'd love to assist in anyway possible." I am sorry but it feels like sarcasm. If any of us mattered to Verizon, they would fix the problem instead of suggesting "troubleshooting" that does noting but wastes our time and frustrates us even more or seeing the suggestions that people should just go ahead and upgrade to the latest and greatest phone out there or buy multiple batteries and an external charger and just swap out batteries when you need to... No, they were working fine before, it is not my battery, it is not my phone, it is an update that you couldn't  ignore and you can't go back from.

While I've tried to go back a proof-read this message I am almost sure I have made some typo or grammar mistake, let me apologize in advance for that mistake.

Thank you for sticking with me this long!

David Palmer

0 Likes