View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Droid Eris
JWS1956

I have had my Eris for less than three months, but I have had almost none of the issues you are having.  Dropped calls... Yes.  I had those with my last Verizon phone.  It was a Moto 755.  You have dropped calls with ever phone  company out there.  When they switch towers, when the airways get "flooded" etc.  You won't overcome that unless you get your own cell phone tower.

I travel for a living and I have been in several states and have no serious issues.  VA, DC, PA, WV (nothing works good in WV), MD, etc. 

As far as the Bluetooth problem.  Mine works better with my Eris than it did with my Moto 755 but it doesn't pair as well.  What I mean by that, with my Moto 755 I could hear when I was dialing and knew my Bluetooth was paired.  With my Eris, I actually have to make a call to make sure it is working right. 

This, along with other issues are suppose to be addressed with the 2.1 upgrade.  We shall see.

All in all, it sounds to me like you have a bad phone.  Have them send you a new phone.

With the battery.  The Eris battery has to be "trained".  I know that sounds weird.  I had never heard anything like it before either.  When I first got my phone, it didn't last 5 hours before it was dead.  I let it go dead at least 5 times and each time it lasted longer and longer.  Now I can have my phone on for more than  24 hours and it is fine.  IF I am in an area with good coverage.  As with any phone, if it has to keep searching for service, your battery will die fast. 

Screen going blank.  I have never had that to happen.  Nor has my phone ever froze where I had to remove my battery. 

I would suggest another phone for you.  You seem to have gotten a bad phone.  It  does happen.  When I first started with Verizon 3 years ago, I went through three DIFFERENT phones before I got one that I was pleased with and worked right for me.  

0 Likes