View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Casio Commando 4G LTE Turns Off and Lock Out Daily?
shovelracer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is my update and what I suggest everyone else do. VZ knows about this issue. You need to call tech support and have them get with warranty dept. This phone is out less than 1 year so you all should qualify. Tell them your troubles. In the end stand firm and demand a different brand phone based on unreasonable manufacture support. They will warranty and send you a certified refurbished phone. I'm getting an HTC. Now the catch is, and I think this part is complete garbage, that they will put you in an older phone that has been out longer and costs less. I even offered to pay the difference for a newer model and suggested a few phones of equal value and similar release date. That did not go well for me. I have not received my phone yet, but being the sales this weekend I would also consider having them send you a replacement, selling that unopened box on ebay, cancelling your contract, and getting into a new contract with a non obsolete phone, and transferring the number.

I've been a contract customer for 10 years, and I have never had claims or issues. Needless to say they have made some money off me. None of this matters. To top it off the tech I had added protection services to my plan without my OK, so now I have to deal with that. I like the reception that VZ has, but I constantly feel I am being taken advantage of when I have to deal with them. I am not a techie, I answer calls and handle a few random messages, and honestly only use the smart phone portion to check the weather at my job.

VZ if you are paying attention, please explain to me why you gladly took my money to sell me a defective device. Then when I had an issue with it out of the box you told me to wait for a software update. 5 months later no update has happened, and the phone is worse than ever. So you attempt to make it right by offering to replace my 5 month old $600 phone with a 1 year old $400 used phone, and this is fair to you? I believe this is an extenuating circumstance, you should remove the Casio from your line, and offer to early upgrade all your Casio clients at no penalty, instead of insulting them by giving them obsolete replacements.