View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Can you accidently reactivate an old phone?
pshhjay

I recently upgraded to a new phone, but want to continue using my old phone with WiFi.

The problem is, I did a factory reset without knowing that it [still] requires me to activate it.

Being the dummy that I am, I did what is usually required. I allowed the phone to call the number that is used to activate the phone. (The one where you get a Verizon automated message that asks you to hit "1" to activate your phone.) Without thinking, I did exactly that.  I actually ended up using the activation screen to call that number a lot (more than 10 times) trying to get past that activation screen... I can't remember for sure what message I got from trying, but honestly, I don't want to try again cause I'm paranoid I will reactivate my old phone (if I haven't already) by mistake. I don't want to have to go to the Verizon store to fix this problem (if I did activate it by mistake)... ๐Ÿ˜•

So my question is:

After activating a new phone at a Verizon store, is it possible to reactivate your old phone by just factory resetting?

I eventually found a way around it, bypassing the activation screen with the ##blur thing.

However, when I look at the about phone section, it still says the phone's number is MY number.

Does this mean I activated my old phone? Will this cause issues on my new phone?

Issues such as not receiving/sending calls or texts properly, etc.?

If this is all too confusing... I guess what I'm trying to ask is... is it possible to activate your old verizon smart phone by just calling that *228 number? Or does it have to be done by some other process that requires speaking to Verizon?

Thanks in advance~

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Labels (1)
0 Likes