View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: LG Lucid Battery Issues???
maureen530

I think everyone is ready to take this phone back and tell verizon to shove it.  My son has an I-Phone 4 and he is always using data - using in place of his ipod - and his battery lasts as much as 2-3 DAYS.  My phone that I am never on for anything, maybe making 5 calls a day and a few messages.  Sometimes checking something on the net (not to often), and I am lucky if my battery last 1 day.  I was having a issue that actually required Verizon replacing it with a "new"  phone - in less than 1 month I used 4gig - they said they never heard of that happening.  Never even went on the net or downloaded any apps.  The phone was actually eating itself.  So  now instead of having a brand new phone which I paid for, I have a "new" rebuilt phone.  Quite a scam Verizon has. Anyway,  I have found that if I turn off the data completely and only turn it on when I want to use it, the battery lasts a little longer.  Go to settings- Wireless Networks - scroll down to mobile networks and disable data.  It really has helped save the battery.  Another thing  to try is to be sure to NEVER try to go back to home by just hitting the home button, you MUST click the back arrow or whatever app you were using will still run.  One last thing, I purchased the portable charger (only cost 29.99) this is NOT a spare battery - it is a portable charger that you actually charge.  Has saved me more than once.  It fits most of today's phones. I can even charge my Kindle Fire with it.

Can't believe I am stuck with this piece of garbage for 2 years!  Hopefully Verizon will "Man-Up" and offer something.

0 Likes