View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: UNLIMITED DATA PLANS ARE GOING AWAY COMPLETELY
rcschnoor
Legend

Toyota4x4van wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

It would be my guess if you are on an individual plan, you will be able to keep your unlimited data since you have no one with whom to share the data.

Your "guess" is wrong.  Why guess when the information is already out there?  Verizon has made it clear that all unlimited data plans are going away, not just on family plans.

While I agree that shared family data plans might be cheaper for some depending on their actual use, the reality is that many of us are losing, since our data will be capped. 

On my individual plan, I have unlimited data for $30, and currently average about 2.5GB per month.  Is a tiered plan for that level going to be cheaper?  No way, and it will be limited besides.  On my family plan, I currently pay $100 for data; 2 unlimited (each uses about 2.5GB), one 2GB (uses about 1GB), one 75MB (uses none; data plan was forced on the line because it is a "feature" phone, more bull****).  So no matter what the "configuration" of a shared data plan, I will be losing, since those first 2 lines will no longer have unlimmited data.  Out of the 4 lines on my family plan, we average about 6 GB per month total.  What do you really think that Verizon's shared tiered data plans are going to look like?  Will it be a savings for me?  Based on Verizon's actions over the past 2 years, I would bet against that.

My mistake, I wasn't aware you were in on determining the pricing structure. My apologies.

0 Likes