View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Need New Phone - Do I select Android or iPhone?
Brobdingnag
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've used both, Apple at work and personal phone is Android, for > 10 years.

As another said, Apple phones are very secure and predictable in behavior as the guts are closed to outside developers and the app approval is fairly strict, so software and hardware are well coordinated.   For all general usage as phone: voice, apps, text, web store etc., the experience is predictable and 'bug' free.  However, you pay for many things you get free in the chaotic world of Android phones.

Android OTAH, you can get Apple like functionality for 10% of Apple's cost, and no recurring charges, as if you know how to get around it, you can, and the key is the 'know'.  So generally, if you are tech savvy, Android is a bang for buck.   As for the bugs and chaos, you need to customize and tweak whatever version of Android you get, that differs with each manufacturer, to insure it works as intended.  I set up Android and iPhone look as similar as possible in layout, so I can switch between each easily.

So, it really comes down to how much you will spend monthly, plus the cost of the phone, and if you can stomach Android glitching now and then. If you already use Android, then you know what to expect, then its cheaper to stay Android and find the lowest cost plan.  If you just want a phone to do this and that, and never have to tweak it, Apple is better, but at a price.

0 Likes