View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
mkolber
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will add to the discussion. I have a ZenFone and it is doing the same thing. There was an update just a day or two ago and I had hoped it was Asus fixing the issue. Apparently not.

As others indicate, the phone loses network connectivity. In my case it is about ever two days. I started keeping a log this week. The connectivity bars grey out and an "x" appears over them. Only two things fix it: a reboot or a network reset (the latter dumps all your network connections including WiFi and paired Bluetooth devices).

As others report, if there is any consistency, it is when the phone is trying to switch between WiFi and data. It happens when I leave my home and also when I leave a place of business where I have connected to their WiFi. It is definitely not whether there is a 4G signal available or not. And, while i live in a sparse coverage area, that's not it either - it happens in areas where, once I reboot, I have a very strong signal.  If I had to guess, it's a bug in the automatic switching.

The effect, though, is not simply phone and mobile data. Although a WiFi signal may appear, WiFi calling is also disabled. I have also seen paired and saved Bluetooth deices disappear.

Kind of surprised the "best mobile network" is hawking an "exclusive" phone with this kind of problem.

Screenshot_20180514-134755.jpg

0 Likes