View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
LG G2 Is Garbage and the Contact Us Section is Worthless
PhoenixGate

This is the only way I've been able to find to reach out to anyone in the verizon wireless community.  I can't find a section in contact us to speak with someone via email or live chat, every section I click diverts me to an automated help section.  Shame on you verizon for making it so (I really want to swear here, I'm so angry, but I'll keep it professional) difficult to speak to a live person.

About a year and a half ago my last prepaid verizon phone died, so I decided why not get a new phone and sign up for a two year contract to get a deal on a better phone; because, you know, better phones are supposed to last longer.  So I had my ride drop me off after work at the verizon store.  I had a great experience, chose the lg g2 off the rack because it seemed to have the best battery life in my price range, even after the mail in rebate and discount for signing a two year contract.  They even threw in a free tablet, since I had walked in on a special going on at that store.

What the store representative failed to tell me was that the tablet was hooked up to my new plan as a separate device and would cost me more per month than what he stated I would be paying, even after I asked him five times what the total price would be per month.  It took several months of calling customer service (I had to google the phone number every time, and every time I tried to dial it from my cell, which is my only phone, it would jump me to the my verizon app screen and refuse to put the call through) in order to get the tablet removed from my account with no charge.  That was my first taste of verizon customer service while on a contracted plan.  I had never had issues with their customer service while on a prepaid plan.  It was this and the great network, which you really can't beat, that I have stayed with verizon my entire adult life.

Fast forward a few months to when I accidentally dropped my lg g2 into a bucket of water.  I was horrified, tried everything to get the pictures and videos off of it before calling verizon to get a new phone.  Nothing worked, and verizon told me I had to call Asurion, who handles the insurance for lg g2 phones.  I called them and found out that the only reason I was paying $8 in insurance a month was so that I could pay $99 for a replacement phone.  Not even a new phone, a refurbished replacement phone.  That was extremely frustrating since I did not really have a spare 99 laying around, not to mention the frustration of paying insurance every month, and I did the math, having paid that amount already.  Why then, did I have insurance? I asked the Asurion representative.  She replied that if I didn't have the insurance I would have had to pay out of pocket for a replacement or new phone.

My old phone was trashed, but I tried to take it to an electronics store that could migrate pictures and video from an old phone to a new one.  The employee there tried, and failed, so I reluctantly gave up on over a year's worth of pictures and videos I hadn't been able to back up.  I then asked her the best way to make sure I wasn't charged for the old phone if it got lost after I mailed it and she told me that my old, totally wrecked phone was probably going to be refurbished and sent to someone else as their replacement phone.  I was horrified.  Later I researched Asurion and discovered that they have a horrendous reputation with people who have used them.  I was grateful to know I wasn't the only one!

The new phone took a whole day to activate, since it didn't seem to like it's sim card, but after I got it activated and set up it seemed to perform fine.  For about a week.  And then it started having the exact same problems that had made me consider replacing my original lg g2 before it died it's watery death.  The battery heats up, sometimes in the morning right after I take it off the charger, and eats away 80% of it's battery life in under two hours.  It refuses to send texts, sometimes for hours, sometimes it never sends the texts.  Just gives me the evil spinny sending wheel.  It slows down for no reason, taking several seconds to respond to my commands, likes to drop calls from one or two people I talk to all the time for no reason (every time it happens I have great signal strength and battery life), and forget turning the thing on silent or vibrate.  If it's on anything but full volume the battery drops faster than a boulder dropped from an airplane.  Let's not forget that the battery isn't removable, so I can't turn it off, remove the battery and let it sit for a minute before putting it back together and turning it on again like I have with previous phones.  I have tried taking off all the apps I don't use on a regular basis.  I have tried tracking down what's eating the battery away.  Nothing helps.  This is a horrible model of phone and I'm extremely upset that I've been stuck with it for a year and a half.  About one out of ten times when I restart the phone, the little sim card icon with a question mark pops up and stays until I restart the phone again. 

I hate the lg g2.  I want a new phone but can't afford to pay for it out of pocket and my upgrade doesn't come up until September of this year.  With the exception of one or two representatives, I have had a horrible time with verizon customer service.  It's really gone down the drain, which is a shame because I've been with verizon since my first phone at seventeen, through my father's plan, and then all my adult life.  I have gone back and forth about switching to a different provider with the most recent issues I've been having, but I want to stay with verizon.  They have the best network.  I just feel like I'm on a sinking ship by doing so.

Labels (1)
0 Likes