View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Sudden poor data coverage in 53703 area?
quark314

I used to have really good coverage in my area, around the 53703 and 53706 zip codes, with 4g almost everywhere outside and even many places indoors at my home and work.  During the past few weeks or so, my data coverage has become almost non-existant, including outdoors, even in the exact same locations where I used to have perfectly fine coverage.  My voice coverage is still sort of ok, though significantly less good than before (I used to get full bars inside my apartment and was able to make long clear voice calls with no drops, but now I usually have to go outside just to send a text, and even then, I sometimes have to walk a block away to find even a voice signal).  I frequently have absolutely no data connection in locations where until just a few weeks ago I always had at least a couple bars of 4g signal.  Data over wifi works fine, and on the rare occasion that I find a tiny pocket of 3g or 4g coverage, the phone behaves normally and is able to get emails/internet/etc normally. 

I haven't changed any phone settings or installed any new apps lately, and I haven't dropped or otherwise damaged my phone.  The phone (Motorola droid mini with Android 4.4.4) is less than a year old.  Could the antenna be going bad already?  Has Verizon removed or otherwise altered any of the towers in this area in such a way that coverage would drop so drastically?  This area shows solid 4g coverage on Verizon's coverage map.  How can I figure out if it's a problem with my phone or a problem with the network?  And in either case, what can I do to correct the problem or who can I contact about it?  Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes