More than 90% of the calls I receive are spam--robocalls, hang ups or telemarketers ignoring the do not call list. It has gotten so bad I don't even answer my phone unless I recognize the number... Ver más...
More than 90% of the calls I receive are spam--robocalls, hang ups or telemarketers ignoring the do not call list. It has gotten so bad I don't even answer my phone unless I recognize the number. I just wait for it to stop ringing, look up the number and, if it's a known spammer, block the number. But often there is no way to look up the number, and blocking is either impossible or futile, because the number is invalid: the caller is spoofing their callerID. So my question to Verizon is: why am I even receiving these calls? If the callerID is recognizably bogus, the caller is making a fraudulent attempt to contact me. There simply can't be any legitimate purpose, so why should I even have to consider answering the call? I can't imagine any technical reason why these calls can't be blocked, so if Verizon is unwilling to block them, it almost rises to the level of aiding and abetting that they permit these calls to go through. I realize that it's impossible for Verizon to prevent all types of spam, but it's terribly discouraging that they aren't doing anything at all when you consider how adversely it impacts the value of wireless service. Blocking calls with spoofed callerID information seems like the least Verizon could do to protect its subscribers. Please do it!
I make it a habit to report telelmarketers who call my number, which is registered with the National Do-Not-Call List, but ironically, callers who use caller-ID spoofing are effectively immune be... Ver más...
I make it a habit to report telelmarketers who call my number, which is registered with the National Do-Not-Call List, but ironically, callers who use caller-ID spoofing are effectively immune because the number you see isn't theirs. More often than not, the numbers they use can't be submitted because they are not valid NANP numbers. This got me thinking. Why isn't it possible to block calls with caller ID information that is obviously not valid? It's not difficult to recognize non-NANP numbers--the rules are very simple--and who would want to answer a call from someone who doesn't even wait for you to pick up before they begin lying to you? I might be going out on a limb here, but since it's now illegal to spoof caller ID information, aren't carriers who permit such calls to reach their subscribers aiding and abetting criminal activity?