Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,714 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Naterz's Posts

I've been on the yearly upgrade plan since the very beginning.  I got the Note9 last year and - as always - specifically asked before buying it if my upgrade plan would change.  The salesperson told ... See more...
I've been on the yearly upgrade plan since the very beginning.  I got the Note9 last year and - as always - specifically asked before buying it if my upgrade plan would change.  The salesperson told me no.  Now, I'm sitting here being told that in order to upgrade earlier, I'd have to pay off the entire phone... Clearly lied to me...  and I would never have upgraded if they had told me this. I'm beyond angry... One line is only $104 to pay off the device, so I'm paying that one off and moving it to T-Mobile, ratcheting the plan down to absolute bare minimum, and will be moving the other line there in a month or so. 50% Early Upgrade was the only reason why I bothered to stay on Verizon, especially since a 2 year agreement is absolute trash with Android phones due to plummeting resale values due to early and frequent promotions.  This phone is almost worth less than an iPhone 8 Plus 64GB (Trade-In), and it isn't even a year old.
To avoid having to go back to the iPhone, I'm definitely going to be moving to T-Mobile.  They have nice discounts and deals for Veterans, too.  I can't be bothered to care about this update, right n... See more...
To avoid having to go back to the iPhone, I'm definitely going to be moving to T-Mobile.  They have nice discounts and deals for Veterans, too.  I can't be bothered to care about this update, right now.  I've already started planning our migration to another carrier.  The iPhone is already almost paid off, so it's not even going to be that complicated.  Just port that over and trade in my Note 9 for an S10 on T-Mobile, and move on. Paying a premium for 3rd rate customer support, and being denied smartphone updates because of cruddy VZW apps.  Thanks, but I'm going to have to jet!
I'm pretty sure I'm going to edge up back to AT&T.  Worse decision ever was to leave them for Verizon.  That was certainly not worth it.  So I'll be back with them within 1-2 months, and definite... See more...
I'm pretty sure I'm going to edge up back to AT&T.  Worse decision ever was to leave them for Verizon.  That was certainly not worth it.  So I'll be back with them within 1-2 months, and definitely will look into something other than an Android device.  They're only for people who don't care about being supported properly... Just terrible customer service.  Embarassing. I wonder if T-Mobile has LTE here, though, cause if they do that's a no-brainer. Only thing having me waiting is waiting to see if the new iPhone will have a bigger screen.  The 5S was too small, and not "future-proof" enough for my tastes, but I may just go with AT&T and then "Edge Up" to the new iPhone when it comes out.  It would be worth the better user experience and peace of mind.
My S3's Reception... and His S4 inches away, so my recollection was a bit off... 2 Bars of LTE to 2 Bars of 1x...  It was < 6 inches away from my phone... They're as attachments since I can... See more...
My S3's Reception... and His S4 inches away, so my recollection was a bit off... 2 Bars of LTE to 2 Bars of 1x...  It was < 6 inches away from my phone... They're as attachments since I cannot do two in the same post.
Additionally, the severe lag in bugfix/maintenance for issues on the device is something I am no longer willing to put up with on Android. I do feel like I made the absolute wrong choice getti... See more...
Additionally, the severe lag in bugfix/maintenance for issues on the device is something I am no longer willing to put up with on Android. I do feel like I made the absolute wrong choice getting this device (it was still $99 when I got it, I should have just gotten a L928 or a cheaper iPhone instead). I don't care about the OS Version or whatever gimmick features they add. I want a reliably phone that functions properly as a phone, which this GS3 does not. Almost forgot, it's a GS3 SCH-i535 16GB Blue device. On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
1. Reception is absolutely terrible around my house (Zip: 17545) with this phone. The phone jumps between 1 - 2 bars of 1x and 1-2 bars of 3G (and if you try to do anything on the 3G, it will... See more...
1. Reception is absolutely terrible around my house (Zip: 17545) with this phone. The phone jumps between 1 - 2 bars of 1x and 1-2 bars of 3G (and if you try to do anything on the 3G, it will drop to 0-1 bar of 1x 90% of the time and your requests will often time out). I can barely send SMS and forget MMS, if they don't fail, they take several minutes to send. ~30% of the time, I don't have data coverage - at all... Except WiFi. The phone drops LTE in LTE areas and will not reconnect to LTE unless you either: Toggle Mobile Data Off and then On, or Reboot the device. Friend of mine has a Verizon S4. His phone had 3 bars of LTE 2 feet away from mine while mine only had 2 bars of 3G (VERY slow 3G at that). Something is clearly wrong. I've tried changing from Global to CDMA/LTE, it doesn't change a thing, so I changed it back to the default. FWIW: The coverage map shows LTE all around me... AT&T had HSPA+ here which was at least usable, but the better LTE coverage was one of the main reasons I ETF'd my AT&T line to move to Verizon. If I try to text under the dinner table at home (don't judge me!), I will get a stop sign and lose my signal completely. If my phone is in my pocket in the house, I mind as well should have just turned it off because it will get a stop sign and get no signal. An inordinate amount of dropped calls, when I dropped practically none on AT&T. I want this update to see if it improves the radio FW and hopefully the signal reception in this phone. I went from a phone that I could use when the power was out (i.e. to monitor the weather during a storm) to being basically stranded in my own house unable to even make an emergency telephone call half the time during the those situations - two weeks ago my home internet was out for 6 hours and I basically had no internet access at home for 5 of those hours because of this... I didn't have these issues on AT&T. I had screenshots on a forum comparing my friend's S4 to my phone, taken at the same time when the phones were inches away from each other. I'll try to dig them up to show you what I'm talking about. On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
AT&T coverage isn't that bad and their LTE is decent. I did move to Verizon for better LTE while traveling, but AT&T launched LTE in some of the markets I traveled to like 2 months after I mov... See more...
AT&T coverage isn't that bad and their LTE is decent. I did move to Verizon for better LTE while traveling, but AT&T launched LTE in some of the markets I traveled to like 2 months after I moved.  I have extremely bad coverage around home now (1 bar of 1x, nothing if the phone is in a pocket or under a table, etc.), so I'm most likely going back to ETFing and going back to AT&T this month. I was hoping this update would improve the radio and signal performance, but I'm not going to roll into another payment cycle with this contract if I don't even know when the update will come or if it'll ever address the issue. I rather just move to a better carrier and it will give me a chance to dump android and move to a platform that supports their users better (iOS or Windows Phone 8).
Motorola did give a timeline for X updates, they also gave a timeline for Moto G updates.  HTC did give a timeline for HTC One updates.  Sony does give timelines for their updates. The S3 was ... See more...
Motorola did give a timeline for X updates, they also gave a timeline for Moto G updates.  HTC did give a timeline for HTC One updates.  Sony does give timelines for their updates. The S3 was updated on 3 major US carriers by now, so the excuse about different radios, etc. is pretty much a useless one to peddle at this point. There is almost no excuse for this type of delay/lag behind the other carriers. The only major issue on the other GS3s, is the persistent notification for files that were downloaded, something that is easily remedied by clearing data for the "Downloads" app.  I have issue even calling that an "issue." The Galaxy Nexus still hasn't gotten 4.3 even though both the Google and Sprint Model getting it, so I'm surprised you have the gall to try to peddle those excuses for Verizon.
Just registered to say that I've only been with Verizon for a little bit, but you can bet your bums that I'll be back to AT&T come New Years, with added insurance by NOT buying an Android device.... See more...
Just registered to say that I've only been with Verizon for a little bit, but you can bet your bums that I'll be back to AT&T come New Years, with added insurance by NOT buying an Android device.  I'll get an iPhone or Lumia instead. I don't mind ETFing.  I'll get a lot of it back when I sell the phone on CL, anyways... Have a great Christmas, and Ciao!