Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,545 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

FoggyCats's Posts

Anyone know if WP8 on Verizon will bring visual VM?  Its one of the feature i have always wanted on my phone.
VZW will only range phones with LTE, so all new phone are guaranteed to have it.
>Post and image deleted, due to profanity in the image< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
primortal wrote: I call shenanigans on IPv6 being required on devices.  The article from FoggyCats is from 2009 and VZW stated that the devices must support big difference from being requ... See more...
primortal wrote: I call shenanigans on IPv6 being required on devices.  The article from FoggyCats is from 2009 and VZW stated that the devices must support big difference from being required; when VZW switches over to IPv6 that the device can support it.  I have a Samsung MiFi (JetPack) that still acquiring IPv4 addresses and it's LTE; and people (running the latest Andriod phones in the NY tri-state area) I've spoke to they are still getting IPv4 addresses for their devices..  Please provide proof from Verzion that this is a requirement for Windows Phones. What kind of proof are you looking for? Also just because a device picks up a IPV4 address does not mean that VZW has not made it a requirement for new devices to support IPV6. Though in the end I am not here to convince you. Just sharing some info on the state of VZW's LTE requirements on new equipment. Keep hoping for new Windows phones, you wont see any till Apollo on big red.
illegaloperatio wrote: I don't know why you just wrote that huge paragraph. I already know that Windows Phone 7.5 doesn't support IPv6. Also, supporting IPv6 doesn't constitute havi... See more...
illegaloperatio wrote: I don't know why you just wrote that huge paragraph. I already know that Windows Phone 7.5 doesn't support IPv6. Also, supporting IPv6 doesn't constitute having "full LTE support". 3GPP's specification is so extensive vastly encompassing that I doubt any phone manage support the whole specification. The point here is that VZW has made it a requirement for the OS to support IPV6, which is why Mango and Tango are out of luck, its not about implementing every bit of the spec.
Those that claim it supports it are fooling themselves. The OS does not currently. Apollo will. VZW has been really firm about all new LTE devices needing to support IPV6. Draw your own con... See more...
Those that claim it supports it are fooling themselves. The OS does not currently. Apollo will. VZW has been really firm about all new LTE devices needing to support IPV6. Draw your own conclusions. But those that are waiting for new devices before Apollo, you are better off switching carriers is all i am going to say.
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/061009-verizon-lte-ipv6.html
The difference is in the implementation that the carriers do. LTE is a broad term, each carrier has different implementations. One of verizons requirements is not met in either of the upcomin... See more...
The difference is in the implementation that the carriers do. LTE is a broad term, each carrier has different implementations. One of verizons requirements is not met in either of the upcoming releases, and will not be met till Apollo.
Verizon can't take Mango or Tango for LTE, its a technical reason, and they will not take non-LTE phones. When you are done doing the math, that puts new phones out till Apollo.
Hang tight, the update will come. My phone was updated yesterday (it was a beta ISV build) but my wife's NODO build phone was not updated.  
My update from 7712 to 7720 was done via Zune update yesterday, and it was easy and painless. Everything worked like a charm, as far as the update goes. Still no visual VM. Looks like its in b... See more...
My update from 7712 to 7720 was done via Zune update yesterday, and it was easy and painless. Everything worked like a charm, as far as the update goes. Still no visual VM. Looks like its in big red's court now.  
My update from 7712 to 7720 was done via Zune update yesterday, and it was easy and painless. Everything worked like a charm, as far as the update goes. Still no visual VM. Looks like its in b... See more...
My update from 7712 to 7720 was done via Zune update yesterday, and it was easy and painless. Everything worked like a charm, as far as the update goes. Still no visual VM. Looks like its in big red's court now.  
True, but how about promoting the new OS, which is the only direction that MSFT is going with mobile OS at the moment, meaning windows mobile OS as it was is a dead product. So change the images... See more...
True, but how about promoting the new OS, which is the only direction that MSFT is going with mobile OS at the moment, meaning windows mobile OS as it was is a dead product. So change the images on the link, and promote the OS
is your device Dev unlocked? that message usually shows up on dev unlocked devices, specially after dev build upgrades. If you do have a dev unlocked device, check to see that its still unlocke... See more...
is your device Dev unlocked? that message usually shows up on dev unlocked devices, specially after dev build upgrades. If you do have a dev unlocked device, check to see that its still unlocked. if now try to unlock again. or remove the dev unlock and then go and add the unlock again.
is your device Dev unlocked? that message usually shows up on dev unlocked devices, specially after dev build upgrades. If you do have a dev unlocked device, check to see that its still unlocke... See more...
is your device Dev unlocked? that message usually shows up on dev unlocked devices, specially after dev build upgrades. If you do have a dev unlocked device, check to see that its still unlocked. if now try to unlock again. or remove the dev unlock and then go and add the unlock again.
My AT&T service was terrible at home, full dead zone pretty much. I tried T-Mobile last year and it was good but their out of country service was terrible, so this time we are going with VZW, so... See more...
My AT&T service was terrible at home, full dead zone pretty much. I tried T-Mobile last year and it was good but their out of country service was terrible, so this time we are going with VZW, so far so good. Yes CDMA has its downside, but at this point its the best for us.  I don't mind the data/voice thing, since i just don't run into case that often. As for VVM, yah it all seems to be in big red's court now, i sure hope they don't go a build some app to do it, since the Mango integration is really awesome, adn would be the best solution. Perhaps we can get lucky and have a VZW rep speak up here.
Moved over to Verizon from AT&T yesterday, and so far loving it. Loaded Mango build 7712 on my Trophy without any issue yesterday. I also asked the sales rep to make sure that visual voice mail... See more...
Moved over to Verizon from AT&T yesterday, and so far loving it. Loaded Mango build 7712 on my Trophy without any issue yesterday. I also asked the sales rep to make sure that visual voice mail was added to the account and line i am using. But i still can't get VVM to work. Has anyone gotten it to work?  and how can i make sure tha tmy account and line have the feature added? thanks