Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,802 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Blorff's Posts

cynindesign, Leaving emails on the server or setting the server to delete them after a given number of days is a perfectly valid setting. Email clients are supposed to comply with the POP3 standa... See more...
cynindesign, Leaving emails on the server or setting the server to delete them after a given number of days is a perfectly valid setting. Email clients are supposed to comply with the POP3 standard which is to keep track of which emails have been retrieved and not retrieve them again. It's not done based a date, it's based on a code (Message-ID I believe) in the header of the email. Compliance with this standard is not an "advanced function".
I don't know about the charging issues but I did experience the random reboots with my first phone. I brought it back to the store and they replaced it. The second unit does not have the problem.
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, that's just awful that you feel that way. Try these time-wasting steps while we attempt to get you to go away because we have no idea how to fix your problem, or w... See more...
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, that's just awful that you feel that way. Try these time-wasting steps while we attempt to get you to go away because we have no idea how to fix your problem, or who to refer your problem to so it can get fixed: 1) Turn your phone over and find the serial number. 2) Write it down. 3) Multiply by the square root of the price of tea in China 4) Reset your phone, erasing all your apps and data 5) Reinstall everything and see if it happens again. 6) If it happens again, and you already knew it would happen again, and you can't figure out why I told you to do it again, do it again anyway, if that will help you go away. 7) Repeat steps 1-3 and see if you get the same results. If not, check if the price of tea in China has changed. 😎 Stand on your head while you figure out why the "support" people here don't know how to do anything but reboot your phone. 9) Wait two years, buy another "smart" phone and start all over again. 10) By the way, it's not "us". It's "them". The phone manufacturer, the o/s developer, the app developer, all of the above or any of the above. But not us. We just provide "support".
No, since you have not confirmed whether or not you are able to reproduce the problem using the same conditions, and whether deleting and re-adding the account fixes the problem I'm not going to ... See more...
No, since you have not confirmed whether or not you are able to reproduce the problem using the same conditions, and whether deleting and re-adding the account fixes the problem I'm not going to do that. I have 5 different email accounts on the phone and it behaves this way with all of them.
On previous phones I could invoke the voice dialer by pressing the headset button even when it was locked. On the Note 3 using a Motorola Boom headset, pressing the button does not unlock the pho... See more...
On previous phones I could invoke the voice dialer by pressing the headset button even when it was locked. On the Note 3 using a Motorola Boom headset, pressing the button does not unlock the phone. I have to pick it up and put in my security pattern to unlock it. I tried enabling the allow outbound calling when locked feature, and this does not help. This is one more issue that makes this phone's operation distracting when driving. Is this departure from normal behavior by design, or is it a bug?
I can duplicate this problem by scrolling down to the bottom of my emails and if I attempt to scroll further, it goes to the server and pulls everything. My phone now has over 600 old emails on i... See more...
I can duplicate this problem by scrolling down to the bottom of my emails and if I attempt to scroll further, it goes to the server and pulls everything. My phone now has over 600 old emails on it, all but 50 of which have been previously viewed and deleted from the phone. I would appreciate if someone else can confirm this behaves the same way on their phone.
I really don't understand your questions but I'll try to answer them. Emails ARE NOT deleted from the server by my phone's email client because that's the way I want it. My computer is not rel... See more...
I really don't understand your questions but I'll try to answer them. Emails ARE NOT deleted from the server by my phone's email client because that's the way I want it. My computer is not relevant, however they are not deleted from my server by my computer either.  The server is set to delete emails after 15 days. My email is a private company hosted at GoDaddy. When I delete emails on my computer they don't get re-downloaded to the computer. That's the way this is supposed to work. The phone is supposed to work the same way but it does not. It used to, on the HTC Droid Incredible. However there is a bug in the mail client on the Samsung Note 3. It does not seem to be consistent. However on multiple occasions I have picked up he phone and found that it had pulled over 400 emails because of this bug. And then I have to delete them again. No, emails do not come back to the phone if deleted from the server.
This is a consistent issue and should be pretty easy to duplicate. If I'm talking to someone on Skype and a call comes in, Skype disconnects from Bluetooth and can't be reconnected. It happen... See more...
This is a consistent issue and should be pretty easy to duplicate. If I'm talking to someone on Skype and a call comes in, Skype disconnects from Bluetooth and can't be reconnected. It happens on my car's built-in Bluetooth and on 2 different Motorola units. I am currently using the Motorola Boom. It also happens on other media programs, such as the Scanner Radio I mentioned. Bluetooth functions such as answering a call appear to be impacted when Bluetooth switches between media and phone mode. There have been multiple Bluetooths and multiple applications involved but the common denominator still goes back to the phone and the operating system.
The email program re-downloads old deleted emails. I have email set for do not delete from server so I can get it on my desktop. Emails are deleted from the server after 15 days. A compliant emai... See more...
The email program re-downloads old deleted emails. I have email set for do not delete from server so I can get it on my desktop. Emails are deleted from the server after 15 days. A compliant email program should not re-download messages it has already retrieved. I have seen this reported elsewhere but have not seen any confirmation that it is a bug.
I have not experienced it in other applications. It does this on 3 different Bluetooth devices I have tried.
What you refer to as a "visual voicemail icon" is a "Voicemail icon" on all prior phones I have used. Where is the "Voicemail icon" that does what I asked above?
When I'm set for flash mode there's a delay of near 2 seconds between taking the picture and the actual shutter release. There's also lots of lights flashing which confuses the subject. This make... See more...
When I'm set for flash mode there's a delay of near 2 seconds between taking the picture and the actual shutter release. There's also lots of lights flashing which confuses the subject. This makes flash mode almost useless. Please explain how to eliminate this delay or provide a patch to fix this issue.
I would like to disable the clicking of the shutter and other sounds in the camera but I have not found the setting for this. Please explain how to do this.
When I click the voice mail icon I get a screen that bugs me to subscribe to visual voice mail for $2,99 a month. I don't want to pay $2.99 a month and never will, but there does not seem to be a... See more...
When I click the voice mail icon I get a screen that bugs me to subscribe to visual voice mail for $2,99 a month. I don't want to pay $2.99 a month and never will, but there does not seem to be any way to switch this off and just get a list or count of my voice mails, then tap to call. Please explain how to eliminate the pesterware or fix this so it functions the same way it did on my Droid Incredible 2.
No, I don't think it's the portal. My email is hosted with GoDaddy. The bug appears to be in the phone.
Scenario 1: using Skype Call comes in. Ignore call because I'm already on Skype When call terminates Skype call disconnects from Bluetooth. Scenario 2: Using Scanner radio, listening to f... See more...
Scenario 1: using Skype Call comes in. Ignore call because I'm already on Skype When call terminates Skype call disconnects from Bluetooth. Scenario 2: Using Scanner radio, listening to feed Call comes in. Unable to answer call using button on Bluetooth. (I could do this on the Droid Incredible 2) Pull out phone and answer Call goes through Bluetooth headset. Try to end call with Bluetooth button, instead it toggles between mute and unmute. End call on phone Scanner radio continues feed through phone speaker. Bluetooth is in LaLa Land. Phone must be rebooted to reconnect Bluetooth.
I'm pretty sure it's an email bug. Having mail NOT be deleted from the server when retrieved is a perfectly valid setting. People who retrieve mail for the same account to a desktop will want to ... See more...
I'm pretty sure it's an email bug. Having mail NOT be deleted from the server when retrieved is a perfectly valid setting. People who retrieve mail for the same account to a desktop will want to have this set so they get their mail on their PC. A compliant program should keep track of the messages it has downloaded and not download them again. Verizon, please fix this bug.