Thanks.   Yes, I agree that Verizon's network is superior. But I don't really see any features that Verizon provides to it's pre-pay customers that justify an extra 15 cents/minute. That's a he... Ver más...
Thanks.   Yes, I agree that Verizon's network is superior. But I don't really see any features that Verizon provides to it's pre-pay customers that justify an extra 15 cents/minute. That's a hefty premium. Another few cents a minute for a better network, sure.I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything.   Thanks again.
Thanks for your reply.   There is one plan that is 25 cents/minute from Verizon with no daily charge. There is also a no daily charge plan from AT&T for 10 cents/minute. Forget about charges fo... Ver más...
Thanks for your reply.   There is one plan that is 25 cents/minute from Verizon with no daily charge. There is also a no daily charge plan from AT&T for 10 cents/minute. Forget about charges for texting for a minute - just talking about voice. What does Verizon bring to the table over and above AT&T that enables them to get that much of a premium?   Larry
On the surface, it would seem that the AT&T prepaid plan is 10 cents/minute with no additional daily charges. On the surface, it would seem that the Verizon prepaid plan is 25 cents/minute with n... Ver más...
On the surface, it would seem that the AT&T prepaid plan is 10 cents/minute with no additional daily charges. On the surface, it would seem that the Verizon prepaid plan is 25 cents/minute with no additional daily charges. What does Verizon offer/include for the extra 15 cents/minute, if anything?   TIA.   Larry
Thanks for this - I really appreciate it!
I went to the local Verizon Wireless store today and tried out the new Bold 9650. I tried to bring up http://www.yahoo.com in the browser. I seriously waited about 3 or 4 minutes and it still had... Ver más...
I went to the local Verizon Wireless store today and tried out the new Bold 9650. I tried to bring up http://www.yahoo.com in the browser. I seriously waited about 3 or 4 minutes and it still hadn't loaded yet. I thought this thing had more RAM! For those of you who have purchased this BB or tried it out, what is your browser response time like? It seems to me that even the Tour didn't have blinding speed, but it came back in say ... 15-20 secs, no?   Thanks for any replies in advance.
Was told today at VerizonWireless retail that the Tour 2/Bold is delayed yet again - now June.
I was told by a Verizon employee that it will be sometime later in April. However, no guarantees as to when. And there has been rumor after rumor with this phone.
It would seem that the Tour 2 is imminent. Verizon's literature now indicates the Tour is available "in limited quantities" and a Verizon retail salesperson told me to expect it sometime this mon... Ver más...
It would seem that the Tour 2 is imminent. Verizon's literature now indicates the Tour is available "in limited quantities" and a Verizon retail salesperson told me to expect it sometime this month.
No one that I know of has been waiting for the Tour 2 since November. The Tour 1 was only released in July last year. Expecting a successor phone 5 months later is utterly ridiculous. That's neve... Ver más...
No one that I know of has been waiting for the Tour 2 since November. The Tour 1 was only released in July last year. Expecting a successor phone 5 months later is utterly ridiculous. That's never gonna happen. There were strong rumors about it being released Valentine's Day ... or sometime in Feb or March ... lately it's been more like end of March/beginning of April. And that's 6 months later, still way way before I would ever expect a successor phone.   These are only rumors. It's not like Verizon Wireless announced it's release on a certain date and hasn't honored that date.   On the assumption that Verizon did intend to release the Tour 2 in Feb and has had issues with the software (as is the rumor), I'm fine with the delay. I'd rather have a phone that works.
I agree. That is an interesting reason to switch. Forget about the differences in the network, eh? You'd rather have poor reception and calls dropped left and right? And would you prefer that Ver... Ver más...
I agree. That is an interesting reason to switch. Forget about the differences in the network, eh? You'd rather have poor reception and calls dropped left and right? And would you prefer that Verizon bring a product to market that isn't ready and has bugs ... so people will run into the retail stores irate with complaints about the bugs ... and come here to complain about them also?   Must be my warped way of thinking ... but as far as I'm concerned, kudos and good job Verizon ... for delaying the 9650 and trying to make sure that you come out with a quality product!
I'm waiting for the Tour 2. There are two rumors - one V-Day, the other end of March. It being imminent is more than a rumor, it is not only being hyped all over the place, but pictures have been... Ver más...
I'm waiting for the Tour 2. There are two rumors - one V-Day, the other end of March. It being imminent is more than a rumor, it is not only being hyped all over the place, but pictures have been captured of it in ordering systems and someone confirmed that they had spoken to someone at Verizon and the Verizon retail employees have been receiving training on it - which is usually a sign that a new phone is within a month or so.   My understanding is that the trackball issues with the Tour have been fixed, but if you want the trackpad (which I do), the Tour 2 may not be too far from being announced.
Does a VIP Annual Upgrade entitle the customer to a new phone only at its discounted price? Or is there an extra $50 credit that is taken off the discounted price of the phone?
I have also been trying to make a BB decision. The Tour is now $99.99 and having heard about the impending release of the Tour 2 makes me hesitate. I spoke to people at Verizon and they tell me t... Ver más...
I have also been trying to make a BB decision. The Tour is now $99.99 and having heard about the impending release of the Tour 2 makes me hesitate. I spoke to people at Verizon and they tell me that Tour 2 is not imminent.  Also, keep in mind that the Tour 1 has only been around for 6 months. Anyone hear differently? I hate the thought of buying a Tour only to see the Tour 2 come out a month or two later.
FYI, I spoke to two people from Verizon (who are normally very forthcoming with upcoming new product announcements). They claim that the Tour II is not anywhere near imminent. They say that the T... Ver más...
FYI, I spoke to two people from Verizon (who are normally very forthcoming with upcoming new product announcements). They claim that the Tour II is not anywhere near imminent. They say that the Tour is just too new to announce a successor, especially since the trackball problems have been resolved. Many times before, they have "vaguely" disclosed to me when something new is coming ... even 6 months later.
Still debating and was waiting for a sale (which is on now actually) but learning towards the Tour. Some friends really like the Droid, but it isn't enabled for my work email. Also, the Curve II ... Ver más...
Still debating and was waiting for a sale (which is on now actually) but learning towards the Tour. Some friends really like the Droid, but it isn't enabled for my work email. Also, the Curve II actually is too new to be enabled for my work email. So likely will go with the Tour. My 8th Voyager is giving me problems. .
Thanks so much for your help!
Good points. I have also found out that the Tour has a higher resolutions display and a faster processor (I believe). Thanks for your help!
Actually, there was a point where Verizon was allowing BB's to be activated on the Nationwide Connect plans without a BB plan. This began about a year ago, but seems to have been phased out since... Ver más...
Actually, there was a point where Verizon was allowing BB's to be activated on the Nationwide Connect plans without a BB plan. This began about a year ago, but seems to have been phased out since.
Just got back from the Verizon Wireless retail store. Checked out both the Tour and the new Curve II. Curve II seems to be more compact than the Tour. I input a web site into both and neither was... Ver más...
Just got back from the Verizon Wireless retail store. Checked out both the Tour and the new Curve II. Curve II seems to be more compact than the Tour. I input a web site into both and neither was faster in loading up the web site. Both keyboards seem equally comfortable. I get that the Tour offers the GSM network and I get that the new Curve II has the optical mouse. I believe the Tour has a bit more battery standby time (not talk time - they are pretty close). If I don't do a lot of travel outside the US, can anyone tell me why I would want the Tour?   Thanks for your help!   Larry