Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,864 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

gdtalbottjr's Posts

Thanks, friend, for this great idea!  It works perfectly!   Best Wishes,   Doug
Thanks, friends, for these great suggestions!  They work terrifically well.   Best Wishes,   Doug
Friends,   Is it possible to set up a distribution list of my family contacts?  I have several brothers and sisters and would like to send the same text message to all of them at once.  Can I k... See more...
Friends,   Is it possible to set up a distribution list of my family contacts?  I have several brothers and sisters and would like to send the same text message to all of them at once.  Can I key all of their phone numbers into one heading such as "family" and then use that as my "phone" number in the TO field?   Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how do I do it?   Thanks for your help.   Doug Talbott Jr.
Thanks for the suggestion, but we already tried that; it didn't make a difference.   However, after another call to Verizon tech support, we did discover the solution:   1.  Open text message... See more...
Thanks for the suggestion, but we already tried that; it didn't make a difference.   However, after another call to Verizon tech support, we did discover the solution:   1.  Open text messages 2.  Click on MENU 3.  Under the heading TEXT MESSAGING SETTINGS, be sure the NOTIFICATIONS STATUS BAR is checked.   That solved the problem!   Doug  
Thanks for replying, but we already tried when I was on the phone with Droid X Tech Support; it didn't fix the problem.   Any other suggestions?    
Friends,   I've been on the phone with Verizon tech support; we can't figure out why I'm not receiving an audible tone when a new text message arrives.  It worked yesterday!  We removed the bat... See more...
Friends,   I've been on the phone with Verizon tech support; we can't figure out why I'm not receiving an audible tone when a new text message arrives.  It worked yesterday!  We removed the battery; re-programmed the phone.  The messages are still arriving silently.    My voicemail messages are announced with the chosen audible tone - but not the text messages.   If you have any suggestions, I'd be most grateful!   Thanks,   Doug