Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,912 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

johnmudd's Posts

It sounds like you have less confidence in Verizon than I do.  And that's saying a lot.   I know Verizon is a big corporation and doesn't respond well to requests for help but I don't get where... See more...
It sounds like you have less confidence in Verizon than I do.  And that's saying a lot.   I know Verizon is a big corporation and doesn't respond well to requests for help but I don't get where you draw your wild conclusions.   John
But the reply doesn't go to the vtext site.  The reply goes to my my gmail address.   Again, the fact that TMobile gets this right makes me think it's not too much to ask Verizon to do the same... See more...
But the reply doesn't go to the vtext site.  The reply goes to my my gmail address.   Again, the fact that TMobile gets this right makes me think it's not too much to ask Verizon to do the same.   John
Thanks for the reply.   Re: replying isnt going to be an option   I don't follow.  I can reply now.  It's just that Verizon doesn't parse the return address correctly and so the reply goes to... See more...
Thanks for the reply.   Re: replying isnt going to be an option   I don't follow.  I can reply now.  It's just that Verizon doesn't parse the return address correctly and so the reply goes to the wrong address, my gmail address instead of the original sender.    This same approach of forwarding gmail as a SMS text msg to a TMbole phone works fine and replies go to the original sender.  Are you saying that Verizon refuses or is incapable to correct the problem?   John
I forward my gmail to my phone via vtext.com.  But the return address doesn't appear correctly on my phone.  This works with other wireless vendors such as TMobile.  I'm looking for anyone else e... See more...
I forward my gmail to my phone via vtext.com.  But the return address doesn't appear correctly on my phone.  This works with other wireless vendors such as TMobile.  I'm looking for anyone else experiencing this problem with Verizon.   I setup gmail to forward email to my phone by forwarding the mail to 1112223333@vtext.com where 1112223333 is my cell number.  That forwards the first part of my email to my phone as a SMS text msg.  The only problem is that Verizon doesn't display the correct return address on the phone and so I can't reply to the emails from my phone.   John