Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,889 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mloch1's Posts

So back in August I decided to try switching to Verizon from AT&T because the company I work for has a discount with them.  I ordered two nice iphone 4's over the phone and everything was seeming... See more...
So back in August I decided to try switching to Verizon from AT&T because the company I work for has a discount with them.  I ordered two nice iphone 4's over the phone and everything was seemingly great. Three days later I got the phones in the mail.  I activated one of them and found that I received no service in my home.  So I called that day and cancelled by service.  While on the phone with a rep, I was told that because my phones didn't work I would have my charges refunded (all of them).  I specifically asked about the restocking fee and was told it would be waived along with the other fees once they received the phones.  I returned them via the return packaging that comes with the phone and called back after the tracking information registered that they had been received.  I confirmed that they had gotten the phones and I asked again if the restocking fees would be waived.  Again I was told yes and that I would have a $0 balance. Now after all that's said and done I have a balance of a little over $200.  They waived the early termination fee, but charged me for a partial month for the three days the phones where in the mail (the first time coming to me), $35 for each phone as an activation fee, and $35 for each phone to restock (it's impossible to know they won't work without unwrapping them and guaranteeing that you'll get the restocking fee apparently). Over all, I'm quite upset that I even bothered trying to switch from my previous provider (AT&T).  Bottom line: I tried to switch to Verizon, couldn't get service in my home, and am out a little over $200.  Do you guys think this is fair practice?  I understand the fees and everything, but I never even got to use the phones (I only activated one and it couldn't dial out). I had to use my AT&T phone to cancel the service for Pete's sake!  What intensive is there for people like me to switch to Verizon if I'm not protected from something like this? To make matters worse, the rep on the phone that I talk to last night told me I could have saved a bunch had I gotten it from the store since I'd be able to return it the same day and not incur over $70 of partial month fees (3 days on an account that was supposed to be around $146 a month, figure that out).