Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 2,424 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

HUGUETTE's Posts

2 years ago when we got our iphones, we were specifically told the iphone was unable to function as a hotspot, so we would need the $60 fivespot to provide wifi.  We’d like to know if our iPhones... See more...
2 years ago when we got our iphones, we were specifically told the iphone was unable to function as a hotspot, so we would need the $60 fivespot to provide wifi.  We’d like to know if our iPhones were always hotspot capable, or if this feature resulted from a subsequent upgrade.  If the iPhones were originally hotspot capable, then the untruth told by the Verizon store agent resulted in 15 months of needless 3G 5spot service at a cost of $900. Last winter when our Verizon 3G became intolerably slow, we were compelled into 4G.  Verizon conveniently neglected to let us know we were thereby losing our unlimited data which immediately cost us $20 in over-limit GBs.  Also, we were later told there was no going back to 3G. Now, we learn our iphones could apparently have been used for 3G thereby eliminating the need for our $60 jetpack altogether and thereby saving another $360. We’d very much like to know if the misinformation we’ve gotten over the years was deliberate or just due to incompetent Verizon agents.  It seems strange such a high quality and successful wireless provider would deliberately tarnish it’s own image by misleading it’s customers. We’ve been using our iPhone 3G hotspot exclusively for a few days now with no appreciable loss of download speed. We’ll probably try to eliminate the jetpack altogether and thereby save $20 a month. We’ve learned a lot from this thread.  Our sincere thanks to all who contributed.
jroeder, Thanks for your response.  Since there have been no more, I conclude no one disagrees with you.
ChaunceyM_VZW Thanks for your response.  Yes, I've done several speed tests.  The iPhone4 speed is about 1M & the jetpack is between 4 & 20M.  I understand the iPhone4 can't be upgraded to ... See more...
ChaunceyM_VZW Thanks for your response.  Yes, I've done several speed tests.  The iPhone4 speed is about 1M & the jetpack is between 4 & 20M.  I understand the iPhone4 can't be upgraded to LTE 4G.  Is there a newer iPhone that has LTE 4G? Thanks, Huguette
JenniferH_VZW Thanks for your response.  http://vz.to/1f8Kzih  worked fine on both of our iPhone4s.  One slight problem:  Download speed is 4 to 10 times slower with the iPhones than with... See more...
JenniferH_VZW Thanks for your response.  http://vz.to/1f8Kzih  worked fine on both of our iPhone4s.  One slight problem:  Download speed is 4 to 10 times slower with the iPhones than with the Jetpack.  Is there a way to remedy this?   Thanks, Richard
This morning I downloaded “Current Data Log” & found the total of the individual log entries about 100 KB lower than the indicated usage total.  Also, the “Current Data Log” shows no entries f... See more...
This morning I downloaded “Current Data Log” & found the total of the individual log entries about 100 KB lower than the indicated usage total.  Also, the “Current Data Log” shows no entries for 11/14/13 and 11/15/13.  My earlier downloads of “Current Data Log” show entries on both 11/14/13 and 11/15/13 and now they are gone.  Can you explain this discrepancy?   My usage since I began turning off the Jetpack when not online continues to be about 70KB per day and there have been no more huge log entries.
EvanO_VZW, Thanks for your response.  This sounds great, but I don't know how to make my iPhone4 visible to my MacBook Airport.  Can you explain how to do this or direct me to the instructions... See more...
EvanO_VZW, Thanks for your response.  This sounds great, but I don't know how to make my iPhone4 visible to my MacBook Airport.  Can you explain how to do this or direct me to the instructions? Thanks, Huguette
MichelleL_VZW,   Thanks for your response.  We’re hoping we can reach a satisfactory explanation & thereby restore our trust in Verizon Wireless.  The conflicting responses we got from *611 &... See more...
MichelleL_VZW,   Thanks for your response.  We’re hoping we can reach a satisfactory explanation & thereby restore our trust in Verizon Wireless.  The conflicting responses we got from *611 & Verizon Store did little toward that end.   To answer your question:  We turn off the jetpack with the switch on top of the unit.  Prior to 11/10 we were leaving it on all the time.  Since then, we turn it off whenever we're not online.  We’ve been watching the data usage detail very carefully and, so far, we've had no more huge data amounts since the 1.3GB early on the 10th.   We’d be interested to learn if there is a simpler (perhaps automatic) way to turn off the jetpack.   Also, a forum response suggested we may not even need the jetpack since our iPhone 4 can be used as a hotspot.  When we got our iPhones, we understood the iPhone 4 didn’t have hotspot capability.  Which is correct?   We’ll look forward to your response.   Huguette & Richard
We were on Verizon’s 10GB, 500 minute plan & had been using less than 5GB so we decided to downgrade back to 5GB.  That’s when we learned about: “SHARE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 6GB” It was $20 che... See more...
We were on Verizon’s 10GB, 500 minute plan & had been using less than 5GB so we decided to downgrade back to 5GB.  That’s when we learned about: “SHARE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 6GB” It was $20 cheaper, so we took it. Shortly after that, we got a data usage alert from Verizon & found we’d been charged with a huge 1.4 GB at 12:41 AM the night before when nobody was using the computer.  We called Verizon Support & were told the time stamp was not the time of the actual data transfer, but the time the amount was entered into Verizon’s database (& therefore meaningless). The agent suggested it was probably from our activity the day before. We had another unexplained 1.3 GB on 10/30 & limped through last week using less than .25 GB. Our data clock reset at midnight Saturday and, lo & behold, another 1.3GB hit at 2:30 AM yesterday when everyone was asleep. Yesterday, Johnathan at the Verizon store said Apple downloads huge OS updates to our iPhones & MacBooks in the middle of the night without warning or permission.  We don’t believe this has ever happened.  Can someone enlighten us?  Meanwhile, our Jetpack stays turned off when we’re not online & we’re watching Verizon’s record of our GBs. This inability to trust Verizon’s record of our data usage is unacceptable.  We’ve been happy with Verizon service and support for 10 years & we’d hate to leave because of this.