Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,732 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Hawaiiboy58's Posts

Sorry, I accidently copied the message twice. I'm getting tired.lol
Oops sorry, I just went back to that page and now it's not there so here's what was written. Even easier solution...on the phone itself go to settings and simply turn off iMessages. My wife jo... See more...
Oops sorry, I just went back to that page and now it's not there so here's what was written. Even easier solution...on the phone itself go to settings and simply turn off iMessages. My wife joined me on the "darkside" and that's all she did and everything worked great. Reply Jan 5, 2012 at 9:27 pm - 2 years ago Brian is correct, the easier way (I have been doing thus switching from my iPhone 4 to sgs2) is to just turn imessage off. You MUST however turn imessage off BEFORE taking the similar out of the iPhone. Of not it will still send the messages to imessage. Have this great phone I like, but I can't receive text messages from iphones. Tried several "fixes" including unregistering my old phone & number with apple. Verizon says I can't get a replacement, so i'm stuck with this phone that I can't receive texts from my colleagues and family. This is just crazy. Anybody found a solution? Correct Answer: have the iphone users also delete their text history.  they shouldn't have to turn off imessage if you unregistered your apple account.  However it may be stored in their phone that you have imessage.  have them start from scratch also.  Even easier solution...on the phone itself go to settings and simply turn off iMessages. My wife joined me on the "darkside" and that's all she did and everything worked great. Brian is correct, the easier way (I have been doing thus switching from my iPhone 4 to sgs2) is to just turn imessage off. You MUST however turn imessage off BEFORE taking the similar out of the iPhone. Of not it will still send the messages to imessage. Hope it helps.
I read the problem you're having and found this information. I don't know if this will help but I figured you would want any possible solutions. Here's the website I found with people that can't ... See more...
I read the problem you're having and found this information. I don't know if this will help but I figured you would want any possible solutions. Here's the website I found with people that can't receive text messages and I know you can now receive texts but not MMS. Here is the website I found some information on with supposedly the "Correct" answer for text messages. http://www.imore.com/imessage-bug-time-easy-fix Here is another persons post that I found that also could not receive text messages after switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S4. Like I said, I know that you can't receive MMS but just maybe these posts will by some great chance help. If it doesn't I'm sorry, I tried. I finally got the text issue fixed. I had to call Apple and open a case to get my number and certificate revoked on their server. Today I contacted Apple to try and delete my phone number from their system. They were able to revoke the certificate. It took 24 hours but I now receive text from iPhone users. turning off iMessage. When I was at the store for the internet connection someone was trading in an iPhone. I warned them about turning off iMessage and they thanked me. The salesperson asked why they needed to do that, all they needed was turn off find my phone. I explained with IOS 7 the iMessage takes over from the regular text. It registers the phone number as an iPhone on Apple's server and all iPhones try to send the text to their server instead of a regular server. I'm happy to have text capability with my friends back.
I read about the problem you are having and found an article about someone that had the same problem and found a solution. Here are parts of what was written about this problem. I hope this can h... See more...
I read about the problem you are having and found an article about someone that had the same problem and found a solution. Here are parts of what was written about this problem. I hope this can help you! For the past month I've not been able to receive text messages from people I texted with when I had and iPhone 4. I finally got the text issue fixed. I had to call Apple and open a case to get my number and certificate revoked on their server. Today I contacted Apple to try and delete my phone number from their system. They were able to revoke the certificate. It took 24 hours but I now receive text from iPhone users. turning off iMessage. When I was at the store for the internet connection someone was trading in an iPhone. I warned them about turning off iMessage and they thanked me. The salesperson asked why they needed to do that, all they needed was turn off find my phone. I explained with IOS 7 the iMessage takes over from the regular text. It registers the phone number as an iPhone on Apple's server and all iPhones try to send the text to their server instead of a regular server. I'm happy to have text capability with my friends back. I would of included the entire conversation but I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that. It can also be done online at Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support