Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,094 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Chief314's Posts

My wife has put custom pictures on her phone for the Lock Screen and also the Wallpaper. However, when she reboots/restarts her phone, they end up going back to the default Lock Screen & Wallpape... See more...
My wife has put custom pictures on her phone for the Lock Screen and also the Wallpaper. However, when she reboots/restarts her phone, they end up going back to the default Lock Screen & Wallpaper. She is not using any apps for her wallpaper, and they are not "Live Wallpaper" pictures, either. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or how to correct it?
Well, the previous weekend didn't change much. So my wife and I both took out our extended batteries and put in the standard batteries that came with the phones. We both put them on the chargers ... See more...
Well, the previous weekend didn't change much. So my wife and I both took out our extended batteries and put in the standard batteries that came with the phones. We both put them on the chargers for a full charge. So far, neither phone has crashed due to battery drain. Which leads me to believe, it must be that the life of our extended batteries has met it's end. I have found some replacement batteries on eBay (a 2 pack bundle for about $14), I just need to double check the amps/volts are the same as what we originally purchased with the extended batteries. I guess, the life is only about 18 months for those batteries. Now, as soon as our upgrade date somes along in January, we'll be getting some different phones. Loved the ThunderBolt, but it's time for something newer.
Ann154, I've tried doing that to her phone, already. Still doesn't do anything. My front camera is fine on my TBolt. I've never had a problem with mine, just on hers.
I'm having the same issues with the instant battery drain upon spontaneous shut down & then manual power up, rebooting the phone automatically at no specific times and/or reasons, and the "please... See more...
I'm having the same issues with the instant battery drain upon spontaneous shut down & then manual power up, rebooting the phone automatically at no specific times and/or reasons, and the "please wait while we set up your SIM card and activate your phone". This just started recently on my ThunderBolt and also my wife's ThunderBolt. We both updated our phones with ICS the same day (the same day they became available for update which was a few months ago), and both have started acting like this just recently. If it was a problem with an app downloaded, I could understand why mine is doing it, however, she doesn't download apps as much as I do. In fact, she probably hasn't downloaded an app recently in the last month or two (unless it was a game for the kids to use, which could have been recent). Just this morning, my phone has randomly shut itself off 5 times. Each time I've manually turned it back on, it's shown at least 50% less battery than what I had prior. At one point this morning (after being on the charger all night long, and showing a 100% charge), within about 1 hour, it shut itself off and then showed a 64% charge. Within 15 minutes, it shut itself off again (I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING WITH THE PHONE, it was simply in my holster on my hip). Then when I turned it back on, it showed 3% charge, and wouldn't turn back on until I plugged it into the wall charger. Once it turned back on, it showed a 79% charge and was charging. While our phones are plugged into a charger (car or wall), they don't crash like this. I'm about to pull the SIM card & SD card, and reboot the phone in regular mode. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna try putting the SIM card back in, but leaving the SD card out and rebooting in SAFE mode for 24 hours, to see if that helps. If it doesn't crash while in SAFE mode, then I'll put the SD card back in and restart it once more. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a reply on my comment here by Monday stating it worked. But if not, I'll be posting my results and hopefully a Verizon CSR or Tech rep will have other suggestions. Our phones have also recently been popping up other issues of certain things that aren't working or have shutdown. One of them states something about the UI not working or has shut down. The next time I see any error on either of our phones, I'll be sure to either take a screen shot of it or write down the exact error and post them on here in a reply as well.
My wife and I both have the HTC ThunderBolt. We purchased them the same day from Best Buy as brand new phones (not refurbished). Her phone some how out of thin air had a major conflict of booting... See more...
My wife and I both have the HTC ThunderBolt. We purchased them the same day from Best Buy as brand new phones (not refurbished). Her phone some how out of thin air had a major conflict of booting up one day. I tried everything I could to try and get it to boot (especially after talking to 3 Verizon CSR's 3 different days for at least 1-2hrs each), tried normal power up, tried power up while plugged into wall charger, tried pulling battery, pulling SIM, pulling SD card, even factory reset... nothing worked. The last CSR said they will mail her a new (refurbished) ThunderBolt since it's still under Verizon's warrenty (not an insurance claim), due to a software issue and not a hardware issue. We got the new (refurbished) phone and activated it with no problems. The Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update finally became available to our phones. I was excited about it. About a month after updating to ICS on our phones, her front facing camera no longer works. We hadn't tried it immediately after the update, so we don't know if it worked or not until afterwards. My front facing camera works fine, however her's does not. We've tried clearing the camera cache, pulling the battery, and restarting the phone. Still isn't working. I'd hate to try and do a factory reset, but I'm about to unless there are any other options. We enjoyed using Google Talk (Hangouts) webcam chat, Skype, and ooVoo with our family members so they were able to talk/see our children and keep in touch with us. I've seen quite a few threads of this post, but haven't seen many people say they've done something (suggested by a Verizon CSR or Tech rep) at it's worked. Anyone have any advice, please?