Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,357 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

cernoma's Posts

after paying for phone... it can't be unlocked? wow!  thanks for great insight ... much appreciated
I have a HTC Thunderbolt and my contract with Verizon has expired about a year ago (I now pay month to month).  Now that I have satisfied the contract the phone is completely mine. I am curio... See more...
I have a HTC Thunderbolt and my contract with Verizon has expired about a year ago (I now pay month to month).  Now that I have satisfied the contract the phone is completely mine. I am curious as to how to go about unlocking the phone ... And if I did so, what happens immediately (meaning will I automatically no longer have Verizon service?) What if i choose to keep service with Verizon?  It would make sense to me that I should be able to used an unlocked phone on Verizon, especially when the phone was on the Verizon network for three plus years now.  Please help me to understand. I have scoured the support site with no luck, which is a bit surprising to me (that other folks are not interested in unlocking a phone that they have essentially paid for) I appreciate any concrete assistance I can get. Before anyone questions my judgement, I do like my phone. With one exception of a drained battery issue that surfaced coincidentally at the same time as the ICS update, this phone has not let me down. Thanks in advance!
I am thrilled that the HTC Thunderbolt was finally OK'd for the update to Ice Cream Sandwich... and the operating system update is everything I had hoped for.  My issue that I can't figure how to... See more...
I am thrilled that the HTC Thunderbolt was finally OK'd for the update to Ice Cream Sandwich... and the operating system update is everything I had hoped for.  My issue that I can't figure how to fix is that the phone will randomly restart while I am in the middle of doing anything.  Obviously, this can be frustrating, especially if I were in the middle of actively using the phone What I find especially disturbing is the battery charge status before and after these random resets.... A lot of times, these resets occur while I have a mostly charged battery... This morning, after one reset, the battery full % was immediately reduced to 9% (In the RED)... whoa.. from a single reset?  Seems way off... I was at least 80-90% full prior... I cannot imagine that a single restart would drain the battery so much... Something is off.  Am I the only one experiencing these issues? (Random phone restarts and massive battery power loss after said restart) Thanks, Now I am noticing an issue with SIM Card... about every 3-4 restarts, the phone is giving me a message stating that it the phone is activating (AGAIN) and that I have to wait for another restart after 2 minutes... this planned restart never occurs... Now I can't tell if the issue is related to the Ice Cream Sandwich update or something else... Of note, I did just receive this refurbished phone on account of the OTA software update for Ice Cream Sandwich would not apply correctly...  Are the problems related to Ice Cream Sandwich, a battery, a refurbished phone, a SIM card... I just can't narrow down issue... This is my second refurbished phone that I am having difficulty with, so I am sincerely hoping this is not the issue as it paints a bad image towards the reliability of any reburbished phone... Once fine, but more than that is a trend that should not be ignored... Message was edited by: cernoma cernoma