Thinking of getting an S9 plus.  Based on anyone's experience with their S8, how reliable and regular is Verizon in sending out Android's monthly security updates?
Been getting tired of the big red for some time and I'm a long time customer.  No, I can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080 on a 5-6 in phone screen, but I sure as [Removed] can tell th... See more...
Been getting tired of the big red for some time and I'm a long time customer.  No, I can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080 on a 5-6 in phone screen, but I sure as [Removed] can tell the difference when it goes to 480.  It seems all the carriers have acceptable or close to acceptable calling.  All they seem to focus on now days is data and are doing everything they can to stretch the advertising verbiage to suit their needs.  Root metric, speed test, or any other, I give a [Removed] .  I care about real time use in areas that I travel.  Having been testing t-mobile and at&t phones in my area of use, and right now, Verizon is at the bottom of the heap. As I own my unlocked phones, I'll shortly be making a move. inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator
You only answered partially.  The most recent "Security" update released for Android/Samsung is July 1st.  Verizon's "June" update included the released security update for May 1st.  As I said, 2... See more...
You only answered partially.  The most recent "Security" update released for Android/Samsung is July 1st.  Verizon's "June" update included the released security update for May 1st.  As I said, 2 months old.  If Verizon releases a July update, I suppose it will only include Android/Samsung security update for June 1st which will still be 1 month old.  We have to rely on Verizon to keep their products current for security threats.  It seems Verizon is failing at this task.
Why are Samsung S8 security updates now 2 months behind. July is now out and my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8 is still running the May 1st security patch.????
Can I purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S8 without activation in store or on line?
Gracias.  I just wanted to make sure that since I have the iPhone on a payment plan it wouldn't trigger a full payment notice if it wasn't tied to the line for awhile.
I've an iPhone 7+ on payment plan.  When available, I'm going to purchase a US model unlocked Galaxy S8 outright.  Can I swap the phones back and forth on the line whenever I desire?  I do not pl... See more...
I've an iPhone 7+ on payment plan.  When available, I'm going to purchase a US model unlocked Galaxy S8 outright.  Can I swap the phones back and forth on the line whenever I desire?  I do not plan to sell the iPhone, but just want to use whichever I'm in the mood for. 
Line 1, iPhone 7, device payment plan, $350 to upgrade early Line 2, iPhone 7+, device payment plan, $150 to upgrade early I want to upgrade the 7 to a 7+.  Since the payment plans are associ... See more...
Line 1, iPhone 7, device payment plan, $350 to upgrade early Line 2, iPhone 7+, device payment plan, $150 to upgrade early I want to upgrade the 7 to a 7+.  Since the payment plans are associated with the Line, can I swap lines and then pay the $150 which would still be associated with Line 2 which now has the 7 on it, turn in the 7 and get a 7+? Answer from Chat Rep #1, No, the contract goes with the phone Chat Rep #2, Yes, since the contract stays with the line Store Rep, would not do it saying I would need to turn in the 7+ no matter which way it worked. So what is the correct answer?
Line 1, iPhone 6, 2 year agreement: Line 2, iPhone 6S, Edge agreement: Line 3, iPhone 5SE, Edge agreement.  I want to switch the phones/lines around so that Line 1 is iPhone 6S with its current E... See more...
Line 1, iPhone 6, 2 year agreement: Line 2, iPhone 6S, Edge agreement: Line 3, iPhone 5SE, Edge agreement.  I want to switch the phones/lines around so that Line 1 is iPhone 6S with its current Edge agreement: Line 2 is iPhone 5SE with its current Edge agrreement and Line 3 is iPhone 6 with its current 2 year agreement.  In other words, I'm wishing to switch the phones so that there current agreements/contracts follow them to the new line.  All are currently on the same Family Plan and would remain so. Possible? and what would be the proper steps.  Gracias