Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,228 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

teeshot's Posts

Showed up this morning on my unlocked S10 on Verizon.  ????
It's not a matter if I like features or not.  As a matter of fact, I don't currenly use any of the features listed and haven't used most of them in the 10+ years as a Verizon customer.  There are ben... See more...
It's not a matter if I like features or not.  As a matter of fact, I don't currenly use any of the features listed and haven't used most of them in the 10+ years as a Verizon customer.  There are benefits and draw backs to all carrier branded/locked phones vs the unlocked counterpart.  Before I spend almost $1,000 on anything, I try to research the pros and cons of all the different models and then select the one that suits my needs the best.  My needs may very well be different than someone else.  Even the carrier selection matters.  Where I live, Verizon does not even have a close 2nd as far as reception.  In many of my daily travels, there are a couple of areas that a competitor far exceeds Verizon's reception.  But, again, I choose what's best for me.
The reason is called "bloatware" that in many cases can not be removed but carriers force it upon us anyway.
I am aware that the following features  Visual Voicemail (VVM) LTE Video Calling Enhanced Address Book VoWiFi (WiFi calling) Family Base Family Locator were not available on unlocked Samsung... See more...
I am aware that the following features  Visual Voicemail (VVM) LTE Video Calling Enhanced Address Book VoWiFi (WiFi calling) Family Base Family Locator were not available on unlocked Samsung S9 phones at least as of Sept 2018.  Will Verizon still make these same features unavailable on the unlocked S10 when it is released?
I don't dispute that.  The issue is that the CSR's have the same responsibility, actually more, to read, use and understand the Customer Service Agreement.  The problem arises in the interpretati... See more...
I don't dispute that.  The issue is that the CSR's have the same responsibility, actually more, to read, use and understand the Customer Service Agreement.  The problem arises in the interpretation of that agreement in a particular circumstance.  Verizon has the responsibility to train their CSR's (chat, phone or in person) to interpret the agreement and apply it appropriately.  Verizon fails when different answers or solutions are furnished by different CSR's and the customer is left out in the cold.  Verizon wrote it, and they should understand it.
Has happened a number of times.  I even provided a copy of chat transcript for one instance and was told they were sorry but they couldn't be responsible if someone furnished incorrect informatio... See more...
Has happened a number of times.  I even provided a copy of chat transcript for one instance and was told they were sorry but they couldn't be responsible if someone furnished incorrect information.
Your credit report will have the contact name and phone no.
Except, that Carriers are placing "restrictions" on the plans, whether it be voice, text or data.  Since "without restriction" is a part of the definition of unlimited, it makes the use of the wo... See more...
Except, that Carriers are placing "restrictions" on the plans, whether it be voice, text or data.  Since "without restriction" is a part of the definition of unlimited, it makes the use of the word in any context where there are exceptions or restrictions unacceptable.
According to Merriam Webster, the definition of "Unlimited" is as follows: Definition of unlimited 1: lacking any controls : unrestricted unlimited access 2: boundless, infinite unli... See more...
According to Merriam Webster, the definition of "Unlimited" is as follows: Definition of unlimited 1: lacking any controls : unrestricted unlimited access 2: boundless, infinite unlimited possibilities 3: not bounded by exceptions : undefined the unlimited and unconditional surrender of the enemy —Sir Winston Churchill The FCC should come down hard on all of the wireless carriers for using the term "Unlimited" when it is clearly false advertising.
Got the update morning of June 5th.
Just got update to my Verizon S9+. Showing Build G965USQU2ARE6 with Android Security Patch Level May 1, 2018. 
Samsung has released their May Security Update.  As a matter of fact, Samsung has released  an update each month this year. NOTE THAT I SAID SAMSUNG HAS RELEASED.  Google and Samsung have the abi... See more...
Samsung has released their May Security Update.  As a matter of fact, Samsung has released  an update each month this year. NOTE THAT I SAID SAMSUNG HAS RELEASED.  Google and Samsung have the ability to issue Updates independent of each other. 
Well well well.  Since the 2018-05-01 up date is now published, We Verizon users of the S9 and S9+ are suffering with a 3 month old security level. of 2018-02-01.  "Come on man" as they say.  Can... See more...
Well well well.  Since the 2018-05-01 up date is now published, We Verizon users of the S9 and S9+ are suffering with a 3 month old security level. of 2018-02-01.  "Come on man" as they say.  Can Verizon offer a real non plitical answer as to "Why"? they are not more proactive in customer protection.
But am I correct, that just because a phone is listed, it doesn't mean that it will work with all of Verizon's features.  Example, the unlocked Samsung S9's do not allow all HD features. (ie WIFI... See more...
But am I correct, that just because a phone is listed, it doesn't mean that it will work with all of Verizon's features.  Example, the unlocked Samsung S9's do not allow all HD features. (ie WIFI calling)
So by doing what you ask, I would be perpetuating your unwillingness or inability to follow threads and questions in a message forum that you have chosen to participate in.  NO THANK YOU.  In... See more...
So by doing what you ask, I would be perpetuating your unwillingness or inability to follow threads and questions in a message forum that you have chosen to participate in.  NO THANK YOU.  In 5 days and 39 responses, I received, I believe, 3 answers to my initial question.  I guess I'll just have to base any decision I choose to make, if any, based upon those 3 folks as well as research I've done elsewhere.  It's been a real blast !!!!!!!!!!  ANN154 please have fun carrying on in my absence.
Yep.  🙂
The "Mistake" message you are referencing was written by SAKLR1  NOT by me.  Again, you need to learn to read a message thread and make sure you are responding to the person that wrote the messag... See more...
The "Mistake" message you are referencing was written by SAKLR1  NOT by me.  Again, you need to learn to read a message thread and make sure you are responding to the person that wrote the message. You keep responding to me, and I DID NOT WRITE THAT "Mistake" MESSAGE.
and yet again, someone answering a question I didn't ask..............................
I never said anywhere that I made a mistake.(Show me where I said that?) I never asked for any suggestion for an alternate phone or carrier. (Show me where I asked either?) Samsung DOES pro... See more...
I never said anywhere that I made a mistake.(Show me where I said that?) I never asked for any suggestion for an alternate phone or carrier. (Show me where I asked either?) Samsung DOES provide regular monthly security updates to Verizon. (Per Samsung support both on the phone and online.) Verizon does NOT furnish those updates on a timely basis to its customers. (Compare Samsung's patch release dates to Verizon's)
Off topic.  If I had  wanted a recommendation for a particular phone for a particular reason, that's what I would have asked.  I didn't.  I know what I wanted to ask and that's what I asked.